White spots

verrucosa

• SRC Member
Hi folks

just wondering if anyone has successfully eradicate white spots on fishes with Cupramine by Seachem? Or has anyone got a good medication to recommend to get rid of these parasites?

Use cupramine if your tank is FOWLR, or else, catch it and put into hospital tank and dose.

If you have a reef tank and you cant catch it out, can try Octozin from Waterlife, works pretty well. Myxazin is good too, though a little milder. dose below the recommended dosage... :) both available from either ML or P*tM*rt. And pls pls, if you dose medication, increase aeration to your tank, i lost a couple of fishes previously cos i forgot to place airstone. The medication depletes oxygen levels and your fishes will die not becos of the disease but from suffocation.. ;)

• SRC Member

i still have a bottle of octozin in my cupboard.... i wonder why :rolleyes:

well in my most honest and frank opinion, fishes can overcome ich themselves. u may help by feeding with garlic soaked foods but don't over do it. cupramine will definately kill ich but as what justin said,use it in a hospital tank or FO. it may kill the LR inhabitants as well :peace:

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried garlic with no luck. Hyposalinity or use copper in QT tank is not an option cause I don't have QT and I can't catch all the fishes. It'd destroy all the decors and extremely painful. Freshwater dip I tried to my clownfish before and it only stressed it and killed it eventually.

Most of the fishes are still eating but a few are not eating anymore, so I'm quite worried. The ich usually appears mostly at night (around 8 PM). During the morning till evening, only a few white spots appear on the fishes' bodies, but at night, suddenly the white spots are covering the bodies quickly.

I have 4 cleaner shrimps and just added 2 cleaner wrasses, but they didn't seem to help much.

think just have to be patient n let the fishes recover on their own...even if the medication works, the ich will still come back if there is something causing stress to your fishes..watch your perimeters n stop adding fishes for the time being..

good luck bro..