Convict Tang

• SRC Member

guys recently just got a Convict Tang hoping that it can helps to control the algae growth in my tank

any one have any experiance with it ??

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

why not get a ctenochaetus tang? or bristle-tooth tang. if u just wanna control the algae problem, you can get a ctenochaetus striatus, cheaply in LFSes. if you want looks and functionality, go for yellow eyed kole or chevron!!! Think bristle-tooths more for micro algae though.

Why don't go for yellow tang? haven't seen many convicts around. hmm... maybe because I haven't been around much..

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

you know how big is my tank

and the convit tang is no more bigger den a 50 cent coin

btw also got a shoulder tang hahahha.... this slightly bigger 2 50 cent coin join up

post-54-1087909861.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

why not get a ctenochaetus tang? or bristle-tooth tang. if u just wanna control the algae problem, you can get a ctenochaetus striatus, cheaply in  LFSes. if you want looks and functionality, go for yellow eyed kole or chevron!!! Think bristle-tooths more for micro algae though.

Why don't go for yellow tang? haven't seen many convicts around. hmm... maybe because I haven't been around much..

convict are very very common..... most lfs should carry them time to time..... IMO if you want to control algae problem, use phosphate remover or upgrade your skimmer get your phosphate lvl to be 0 and tat should do the job......

• SRC Member

maybe i try out with these fish first. if still unable to control den i change to chemical

• SRC Member

haha the problem will come back. buying algae eater doesn't solve the root of the problem. just temporarily supress the symptoms... anyway good luck! maybe ur tank too exposed to sunlight also. u using RO/DI unit?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
haha the problem will come back. buying algae eater doesn't solve the root of the problem. just temporarily supress the symptoms... anyway good luck! maybe ur tank too exposed to sunlight also. u using RO/DI unit?

nope no RO/DI

maybe i pull the cutains during day time