roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
elegance still going strong :)

Hi Bro Roidan,

Does you elegance open most of the time? My elegance happy happy open, happy happy dont open.

I read Coral book and its says that this is normal.

Hi Bro Roidan,

Does you elegance open most of the time? My elegance happy happy open, happy happy dont open.

I read Coral book and its says that this is normal.

hi dradttg:

yeah..somestimes it doesn't open too big..i notice that around 3pm to evening is the time when it starts to contact...means morning open big big...later afternoon resting....at night open bigbig again...total darkness....the meat goes into the hard skeleton

• SRC Member

Wow!! have always enjoyed looking at your AT... very healthy and beautiful. *slurp slurp*

How do you keep it so healthy when a lot of others are facing problems with ICH and the specimens refusing to eat and only pecking at the LR?

I believe a lot of reefers has lost the fishes to fish heaven

haha..no secrets...feed them many times a day....the tangs benefitted alot from my 5 to 6 times feeding regime when i had my school of anthias..but seems that they grab up the food faster than the anthias and end up fattening beyond my belief ...

end up have to give up my schools of anthias by netting watever i can and feed less and painfully seeing the numbers declining slowly....

but like you have said....its hard to keep healthy tangs...so i made a choice to keep my huge tangs rather than the anthias which i will definitely get back when my new skimmer is here...

no secrets...feed alot.....the best way to stop ich is prevention itself....before it has a chance to turn into an outbreak...sometimes there are isolated spots but unless you see my pics at 8megapixel size...then you may see a few spots..other than that....as far as photos, they are pretty ich free :lol:

• SRC Member
haha..no secrets...feed them many times a day....the tangs benefitted alot from my 5 to 6 times feeding regime when i had my school of anthias..but seems that they grab up the food faster than the anthias and end up fattening beyond my belief ...

end up have to give up my schools of anthias by netting watever i can and feed less and painfully seeing the numbers declining slowly....

but like you have said....its hard to keep healthy tangs...so i made a choice to keep my huge tangs rather than the anthias which i will definitely get back when my new skimmer is here...

no secrets...feed alot.....the best way to stop ich is prevention itself....before it has a chance to turn into an outbreak...sometimes there are isolated spots but unless you see my pics at 8megapixel size...then you may see a few spots..other than that....as far as photos, they are pretty ich free :lol:

Prevention? You mean quarantine until it has recovered form the almost compulsory initial ICH out-break?

Prevention? You mean quarantine until it has recovered form the almost compulsory initial ICH out-break?

prevention starts from the time you go to the shop to see...

once you see slight dots, try not to buy...

even if no dots...may not mean no infection also...

in fact, i believe my tangs all carry a low infection rate..but doesnt show up drastically their bodies....

feed alot...easier said than done....especially for you sps keepers, if the feeding is too much, end up sacrificing your sps...

cannot have everything in the world in such a small tank, just like sps can never do well in my system which is nutrient laden from all the fishes and feeding...

cannot be greedy....for me...i always like the dynamic movement of corals, anemones and fishes....so i stick to what i love and what i am doing now :)

for me, sps are beautiful and are picture perfect...but to me, they stop at just that,

picture perfect :)

post-34-1088403354.jpg