weileong's 4ft tank - Part II

weileong

The aquamedic one is not FR but works more like a canister filter. Not so efficient :P

I am running two units of the OTTO FR now. One for rowaphos and the other for carbon. Both Tee off from my return pump.

Changing the media is very easy. The cap unscrews out very smoothly. At this price I have no complains.

It takes 500g rowaphos and 500g carbon which is just nice for me. I change out the carbon once every two weeks and rowaphos once every 1 to 2 months.

post-34-1089517235.jpg

• SRC Member
The aquamedic one is not FR but works more like a canister filter. Not so efficient :P

I am running two units of the OTTO FR now. One for rowaphos and the other for carbon. Both Tee off from my return pump.

Changing the media is very easy. The cap unscrews out very smoothly. At this price I have no complains.

It takes 500g rowaphos and 500g carbon which is just nice for me. I change out the carbon once every two weeks and rowaphos once every 1 to 2 months.

you think it is safe to use externally?

bec my sump too small to house them.