• SRC Member

Hi Tanzy, here is how your frag looks like now. I have referenced some areas on the frag to assist in viewing on the right perspective.

No of days since inception : 65 days

No of days between pic : 53 days

Growth observation:

- It has grown taller and is becoming "top heavy"

- Bottom have encrusted part of the epoxy with green polyps coming out from there too

- Polyps are now richer and striking green in colour.

- Purplish tinge on the tips faded during the first 2 weeks and has since made a came back…fortunately.

- The mid region of the frag seems to have darken compared to when I first had it. Was the light colour suppose to be normal? Is your parent colony still light in the mid region? (If Morgan had a say in this colour variation, that'll be "shit brown"…Hi, Morgan…)

Peculiar habit: Polyps only come out at night when the lights are out. I can only appreciate it either with a torchlight or do a manual overide on my timer. After that, they give me only quarter min to snap the picture before it sucks them back in. Duh…This is one shy acro! I've seen acros that show their polyps throughout the day…but then again they may be of other genus.

Finally, relative to your parent colony, would you rate this growth rate as being fast, normal or slow assuming conditions (of your tank and mine) remain constant?

First Pic taken on 130103

post-7-1047140702.jpg

:off:

is it normal for acro polys to come out even at night when lights all goes off ( some are not out ) even though they are all out in the day ( lights on ) :huh:

It all depends on what type of acro you have.

All my acro have their feeding tentacles extended at night after lights out..

Hi Steno

I don't see much growth after 65 days.

I think you should get an average of 4~5mm growth every month during the growing period.

I have frags that does not grow (vertical growth) for months but just encrust. :D

• SRC Member
4-5mm every month?! My frag showed only an increase of abt 5 mm taller over 65 days (dipped a plastic ruler). Which means to say that my growth rate is roughly half of yours?

OK, at least now I know where I stand and what's the potential of this coral.

Thanks Morgan.

Hmmmm..... I have Acros that dun seem to grow at all......

:fear:

• SRC Member

You are right with that statement....

I have acros that only encrust and refuse to grow vetically,

some would churn out growth at incredible rates.....

some jus simply refuse to grow and stay stagnant.......

Majority of the acros have shown growth except for these 2....

pink staghorn and the purple monster...... :pinch:

On the positive side, have a Montipora digitata thats giving me growth rates ap to 2 times within a 6 weeks period.....