Help! thin white worms seen crawling on tank.

• SRC Member

I used to feed my fishes with market prawns in my old tank very very long time ago about 8, 9 years back ... and my tank was plague with whiteworms .... it was a torture during then ... i removed all the liverocks and clean my entire tank still ... the worms exists ...... only recently I realised that the worms are coming from the stuff I got from the market and i fed it to the fishes ... I stumble upon this fact becasue I had another friend who encounter the same thing while doing that..

During then when I realised that my tank was heavily plague by those worms, furthermore internet wasn't popular, i gave up marine for awhile becasue I was about to be enlisted to the army . So I couldn't really gave you the proper advice..

You should stop feeding wif raw stuff from the market and replace them with pellets or maybe frozen Brineshrimp ...or if you need to make sure they are clean with maybe warm water .....perhaps freezing them before feeding might help ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

You're not referring to copepods are you? Water currents make them look like they are "waving", but actually they're just anchored there and not going anywhere. Unless of course you actually see them walking around all over the glass then be worried :lol:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

You're not referring to copepods are you? Water currents make them look like they are "waving", but actually they're just anchored there and not going anywhere. Unless of course you actually see them walking around all over the glass then be worried :lol:

Copepods are supposed to move about.....

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

oops ok.

i though copepods only move when they have matured... in the larvae stage they just hang there from your glass...

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".