Feather Duster Extended Much Longer Than Usual...

I've got a 2 week old feather duster. Normally it is nice and healthy and opens up nicely . This morning my tank went a bit cloudy, realised that my boxer shrimp is dead.

Then is see the feather duster sticking out much more than usual, another darker colour tube inside the outer tube also come out about extra 5 cm....could it be dying? :unsure:

how old is your tank? i'd be more worried about the cloudy water than the feather duster if i were u . Feather dusters do regrow their crowns so if its head falls off dont throw it away just yet.

Thanks for replying.

I've check the ammnia level immediately after i notice the cloudy water (which is likely to be caused by the dead shrimp). 0, so i think still safe . My tank is 5 weeks old. :P

oh didnt see the 5 weeks sorry :P . Think u shld juz do a water change get rid of the cloudiness. U got any macroalgae in your tank? maybe they went asexual on u. best test all your water parameters

no problem....

tested all the parameters like ammonia. nitrite and nitrate...all looked normal le. The only thing i did last nite is to switch off my skimmer and drip kalk. :P