Clear PVC pipe ?

chs

• SRC Member

d40 is the size for DIN standard. Quote d40 pipes/fittings and they know is size 40mm. If they still not sure then quote DN32. DN32=d40=40mm size.

Pipe wise, +GF+ only sell in 5 meters but price quite cheap. d40 pipe cost about $23.00. Note: 5 meters.

1" sch80 is bout same as d32 or DN25.

Warning: if your existing system is on JIS or sch80, then DIN fittings WILL NOT fit together due to very slight size difference.

• SRC Member

Please do not use check valve. You will have long term problem. On top of that if you have a chance to 'feel' a Y-check valve using your fingers, there is a very acute kink at the check portion and you will have very substantial head loss and further after long time, the check will get stuck and even if your pump is off, water will still flow through. Just remember what Ive said about the industrial pumps: They are so strong that the pressure from the pump can push anything through.

Ball valves for +GF+ very good quality but more expensive than the rest. If you using a lot of ball valve and only using them to closed them once in a blue moon to service pumps, then can go for FIP brand. Cheaper. Then again, no problem with compatibility with DIN standard as you can specify both DIN or Sch80 ball valve ends to join to your pipes.

• SRC Member

Make bigger sump lah! :D If you set the return pipe at a certain level below the tank's water line, then if pumps off, water will back flow until reaching the return pipe's end and will then siphon break. The amount of water from normal water line to pipe end will flow back to sump. If the sump design can cater for this amount of back flow water, then you are safe. Personally, I think it's better this way then using a check valve.

Drill holes on the pipe also can but I personally do not feel safe as what if something covered up the hole and then water will still back flow till pipe end and if sump not catered for that amount of water, then wet floor!

icic... then it's not that very ex... I believe the check valve and the union ball vale is the one that cost more..

cause I only need about 20ft long pipe which is not even $30

You'll be surprised when everything adds up :P

If you set the return pipe at a certain level below the tank's water line, then if pumps off, water will back flow until reaching the return pipe's end and will then siphon break.

That's what I am doing now :P

• SRC Member
mismarine, Hai Cheong has 2 shops, 1 at Eunos and the other at Kallang.

Basically there are 3 types of piping standards in use in Singapore, the DIN, JIS or ASTM (some people also call them schedule 80, schedule 40).  So, just decide what your existing system is using to be compatible.  If you using for new start up, then its a matter of 'taste' which to choose.  However, there are pros and cons to each type of standard.

Tks Bro, will appreciate.

And now than I know more thing to learn for my new project.

Very good thread, thank brow weisoon

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Where got Plug & Play , since day1 we called it "Plug & PRAY".

There is no such "Plug & Play" :P

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump