ATI T5 retrofit on a 2FT tank,

Kaf

• SRC Member

I'll be getting my ATI T5 Retrofit from Joe soon.

But am not sure what's the best combination of tubes in terms of kelvin temperature for a 2ft LPS tank.

Currently it comes with an Aquaz Blue Pro (20kk) and the other tube is 14kk (can't remember the light tube name).

Should I stick with this combination or should I change to a 10kk tube instead of the 14kk?

I am thinking of actually removing the 20kk and replacing it with an actinic tube.

Will that be ok?

Need some advise please.

Thanks

Kevin

• SRC Member
I'll be getting my ATI T5 Retrofit from Joe soon.

But am not sure what's the best combination of tubes in terms of kelvin temperature for a 2ft LPS tank.

Currently it comes with an Aquaz Blue Pro (20kk) and the other tube is 14kk (can't remember the light tube name).

Should I stick with this combination or should I change to a 10kk tube instead of the 14kk?

I am thinking of actually removing the 20kk and replacing it with an actinic tube.

Will that be ok?

Need some advise please.

Thanks

Kevin

Lightings

https://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_marine...x.asp?ast=&key=

1:1 ratio - 6.5K/10K : 20K/actinic

Eric

A 20,000K tube would be better. Since it's an ATI twinfix, replacing one bulb with actinic will mean effectively that the corals are only using most of the light that's coming from the other tube. Actinics does help LPS to fluoresce but it plays little part to aid in photosynthesis.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/