crew in removing ich

• SRC Member

they do clear physically but it wld hav to depend on wat fish u referring to ;)

doctor fish normally wont give a d#mn to small fishes n will not survive well in captivity... cleaner shrimps helps clear on mainly fishes that will go find them patiently e.g. tangs

if wat u mean by 'clear' is to get rid entirely.... i suggest gd maintenance of water parameters n quality food to the fish.... u may wan to concurrently purchase a CS or 2 to help relieve ur fish to a certain extent.... :)

• SRC Member

oic... btw i have another question. if lets say my tang managed to remove the ich on its body before 1 week ( the time needed for ich protozoa to replicate) that means that the ich is reoved by the immunity of the fish and thus my tank is rather safe from outbreak of ich ? ...

• SRC Member

Previously one of my new tang had a serious outbreak of Ich and few weeks of Garlic Guard to the food had solve the problem. As long as ur infected fish is eating, it's ok. IMO, do not add a cleaner wrasse as it will not accept aquarium food but a cleaner shrimp is alright.

• SRC Member

Yah, I have been told from many places that cleaner wrasses do not survive well in captivity, few weeks can die off. Mostly because they refuse to feed on commercial food, and there is not enough parasite infested fish in marine tanks to keep them fed after a while. In the wild, cleaner wrasses clean a LOT of fish, much more than you can hope to put in your tank, so don't imagine being able to keep one for one. :(

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

ok....for both cleaners...after a while of feeding by u...they stop eating parasites because they're alwaes well fed and never hungry.

regarding cleaner wrasse....only a few ever do well in captivity cause many don't accept substitute foods....and besides....naturally, cleaners haf short life spans but they make up for it through quick and massive reproduction.

IMO, don't keep a cleaner wrasse

• SRC Member

good job! i guess there are no certainties about this... just because they generally don't eat commercial food doesn't mean people won't have successes here and there. great to hear your wrasses are eating healthily!

:bow:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".