anemone shrinks too frequently...wat's wrong?

• SRC Member

Is the shrinking related to time of the day or lighting?

What is the temperature and S.G. of the water when they shrink?

How frequently is frequently?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

no

the shrinking is not reltated to lightings...although they do shrink alitle when lights are off but the shriking i'm talking about is something like an anemone dried up

then they bloat up again...but its so frequent...probably twice a day perhaps more because i don't sit and watch them the whole dae

temperature is 26 and S.G is normal green band

• SRC Member

How often did you feed your anemone?

Is the mouth gapping? wide open?

Did you put 2 of them close or next to each other?

Sorry for the questions, just need to know more before providing any kind of advise or solution.

Cheers

Kevin

• SRC Member
i feed them twice a week

i think the mouths are closed lor

I used to have an anemone that always shrink too, later found out my KH is just 5. I boost it up to 10dkh and the anemone is happier and stays open all the time.

You might wan to check on your alkalinity. Keep your KH at higher side (8-10) to prevent PH swing. Anemone also likes some flow.

p/s: Wat time you coming to collect the rose BTA today?

Eric

• SRC Member

Ya follow what eric says and note when you feed your clown ( if you hv any) whether they bring food for the anemone. Mine does and I don't feed it. Feeding too much stress them too cos they used alot of energy to digest the food.

The shrinking might also be due to them flushing out wastes from their system and trying to balance their internal water chemistry.

Check your PH, Salinity and temperature. Make sure noo sudden spikes and swings.

Cheers.

Kevin

• SRC Member

hey guys, i've just checked and realised the digital meter i used was out of calibration...the actual ph is 7.8 instead of the 8.3 it gives.

thanks for all your help and eric...i'm sorry but u changed your time for collection last minute, and its inconvenient for me to go down so i can't fit the collection in my schedule