elegance weird behaviour

aStRoBo|

• SRC Member
Its very stressed, either some fish nip at it... did u check ur nitrates?

yeah.. nitrates on high side.. my clown are "happily" treating it as anemone! shucks... nvm.. i will see wad i can do..

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member
my elegance become very 'swallon' when open up.. cant even see the tenacles, wad happened? it's very swallon, like gonna burst..

You mean there is a bubble/balloon like formation in the middle of the branch? the balloon looks like bursting.

If it is, then this branch will split into TWO. It's propagating! Congrats.

actually..sometimes my elegance do that as well...but within a few days..they will be back to normal...doesnt seem to have much problem.....

I had kept 2 elegance for a long time....

recently sold one...heard one didnt do well, had the same discribed problem.

the other still unknown yet. The 3rd one belongs to Flubbey, doing very well after transporting...

I am justing wondering how much harm disturbing the elegance or moving them to a totally new environment will do??

• SRC Member

i have 2 elegence.

1 died - unknown reason. was super healthy and suddenly... RIP(picture).

the other one, almost died, disturbed by clown fish. tries to house it. give the clown fish to LFS. and it is still around till now. 4mths.

i read it from wetwebmedia, they don't like high flow water. less turbulence preferred. high nutrients ok,most won't survive cos our water is too clean or something like that...

post-7-1094827312.jpg

• SRC Member

You mean there is a bubble/balloon like formation in the middle of the branch? the balloon looks like bursting.

If it is, then this branch will split into TWO. It's propagating! Congrats.

Sorry, wrong comments, I thought it was frogpawn.

If elegance is swollen and it's tentacles, normally it is not a good sign. I experienced a few deaths.

This is a hard coral to keep with l;ow success rate, in fact eric Bourneman is doing some research on high mortality of this coral. It is believed that elegance from shallow waters are being exhausted and the current ones are from the deeper end thus adaption problems.

The other reefers mentioned their preference for low water maovements etc. are also correct.

good luck