Triggerfishes

• SRC Member
anyone keep black triggers?

My friend's considering getting a few after seeing some at Aquafuana...

Like some sorta marine piranha... :pirate:

Haha... As far as i know, they're among the most docile of all triggers, and most un-piranhalike in their behaviour compared to the others in the trigger family.. Their style of swimming, flapping those large fins, always remind me of a sailboat... :P

Haha... As far as i know, they're among the most docile of all triggers, and most un-piranhalike in their behaviour compared to the others in the trigger family.. Their style of swimming, flapping those large fins, always remind me of a sailboat... :P

I think need to educate that "pack" at the farm...

they were being fed mollies... juz swarmed the poor fish and tore it apart... :sick:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i wanted to buy a trigger too..most likely a Juv clown trigger..i was at Sentosa marine on 6oct..the guy there advise me not to keep trigger as my tank right now as i have a Purple tang, Clark clown, Fu man chu lion, Flame angel and Koran angel.

He told me the trigger may nip the fins and tails of the rest of the fish. As i have no experience keeping trigger b4...any bro here who tried keeping clown trigger together with the above fishes? expecially the lion as i heard the trigger will nip of their fins.

• SRC Member

haha... think your fishes will be much happier without the big bully (clown trigger) around... :P

LoL...i think they are...haha...maybe next time when i setup another tank..then i make it a trigger tank. haha.

• SRC Member
hi bros

any of your triggers attacked any of your other fishes so far?

my picasso has been with me for two months, so far it has been a good boy. but many suggest that it may turn to its tank mate when it grows older.

your comment pls.

Well my picasso has been ignoring his tankmates too... until feeding time that is.

Whenever there's food in the tank and if he doesn't get it before his tankmate, he'll chase his tankmate round and round the tank with his triggerfin raised, looking really pissed.. :lol:

I wished I have your luck.

My picasso was ignoring its tankmate for around 5 days. Suddenly, my purple queen and yellow eye kole tang were attacked to death by it.

Damn sian. It took me considerable effort to climatise my purple queen... :(

No more triggers for me in future. I'll be putting up a sale later in the sale forum later. See if anybody is interested and I'll let go liao...

• SRC Member
dunno if i am right to say this, but it seems to me that the trigger also like human has its unique temper and character.

crossed my fingers first. :fear:

Yup, you're right...

seems to me that not only different individuals have different characters but the temper of any particular individual changes depending on the situation too.. that's what make them unique and attractive, in my opinion :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

you can try feeding them sotong also. I realised my picasso loves sotong when I was feeding my anemones, it kept stealing from my smaller sebae. it is quite smart of him not to get stung in the process :lol: now, i prepare his portion as well when i feed the anemones.

Bro rapalla, do update us on your Bursa trigger. I am thinking of adding another in. anyway if it gets too aggressive, I might just set up anpther tank for triggers only and see them fight day and night :evil: . oh then i will have to get ready a hospital tank :lol: