Installing a Car Alarm System

nqh71

Hi Guys,

New to this forum... Anyway, would like to seek your advice on installing a good alarm system on my car.

A friend of mine had his Rav4 almost stolen in Malacca but thanks to the security of the hotel (they wanted to check the hotel pass of guest before they leave the carpark), it was foiled. The thing is, his car is installed with an alarm system(don'e know the brand), and yet it was deactivated by the culprit.

So, what kind of alarm system is good that there is no way anybody can deactivate it unless he has the remote or something. Something with immobilizer will be good.

Thanks so much for your help...

• SRC Member

If u can install after your car has been assembly than they can uninstall quite easily. Mean, unless your car alarm is integrated to your car system, nothing you can do about it.

Even with immobilizer, they tow away whole car.

So my piece of advise, drive the car that nobody want to steal. Eg. VW, Audi, Saab, ferrair. They don't take that car because difficult to sell or drive the car not worth stealing like 20years old car

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump