Little 2 feet tank

Mellow

hi Mellow, juz a thought, u r not doing ur birdnest justice. mind taking a shot of it under normal lights rather than actinic to show off its true coloration? i m sure it will turn out very nice. :lol:

Hi lightningstrike,

Haha..if I take under normal lights, I think you'll be disappointed. It lost some of its pink intensity. Looks Orangey to me now...but really showing very good growth though it's only been a month in my tank. I think my BLV 10000k also played a factor. Reallly yellow looking now man.... might change to 14000k soon. But then, I see quite good growth with the 10000k, just no colour...Anyway, I think page 2 of this thread has the birdnest under normal MH.

Another tank shot....

post-34-1096256183.jpg

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi lightningstrike,

Haha..if I take under normal lights, I think you'll be disappointed. It lost some of its pink intensity. Looks Orangey to me now...but really showing very good growth though it's only been a month in my tank. I think my BLV 10000k also played a factor. Reallly yellow looking now man.... might change to 14000k soon. But then, I see quite good growth with the 10000k, just no colour...Anyway, I think page 2 of this thread has the birdnest under normal MH.

Another tank shot....

hmm... maybe you should give a try to the Zeovit thingy that's very hot now... maybe can give us a review... ;)

hmm... maybe you should give a try to the Zeovit thingy that's very hot now... maybe can give us a review... ;)

Hey Fuzz,

Don't think I'll use the zeovit thingy for the moment at least...As most reefers who know me knows that I'm a budget reefer....Abit too expensive for me and besides, I feel if you're comfortable and confident with a certain methodology, stick to it rather than try out something new and put your tank at risk... :) I think there's always a hype on SRC with something and I prefer to follow such hypes with some discretion.... Just my views bro! :D

• SRC Member

Same same... :D

Anyway... if you want to frag yr Acros... or montiporas do tell me.. ;)

• SRC Member

Your tank has lots of potential. Do keep me informed of the growth rate fo the green cap. You should see the brownish part colour up into green soon as well as increase in green polyp spots. In fact, the pale part was a shaded part. After I have frag it and have it in the light, the colour is slowing intensifying. All the best.

I think (marine) therefore I am

Your tank has lots of potential. Do keep me informed of the growth rate fo the green cap. You should see the brownish part colour up into green soon as well as increase in green polyp spots. In fact, the pale part was a shaded part. After I have frag it and have it in the light, the colour is slowing intensifying. All the best.

Looking forward to it too!!! Love your green cap... if only Tineng has aeroplaned..haha...then I could have kept his share too!

• 2 weeks later...
You have some very nice rock work going there. Definitely lots of potential with the 250watter. Is that staghorn already encrusted on the front glass? Looks like it is. Cool idea if it is deliberate :D

Hi ckevin,

thanks. My tank still looks extremely barren though. Anyway, the staghorn isn't encrusted onto the glass. The funny flat area on the staghorn was due to it encrusting onto the previous owner's glass. When I got it, was already like that... And from the front view of the pic, it looks like it is encrusting onto my glass. haha. Fact is, the stag is nowhere near any glass...