• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
full tank shot today...

wow... seems like you did quite a shopping... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

hehe.... ya, the shopping spread out over the past 2 - 3 weeks... will stop shopping for now unless i see something really special that i like.

Hmm.. what are you hunting for?? You managed to get the Coral magazines??

another gentle reminder: anthias r frequent feeders r required to be fed several times per days. make sure ur skimmer can handle the heavy bio load, else ur corals in time will oso hv to say bye bye. most anthias r oso schooling fishes, they will tend to thrive in groups of more than 3 or 4. but sunburst anthias is known to be a solitary anthias though. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

another gentle reminder: anthias r frequent feeders r required to be fed several times per days. make sure ur skimmer can handle the heavy bio load, else ur corals in time will oso hv to say bye bye. most anthias r oso schooling fishes, they will tend to thrive in groups of more than 3 or 4. but sunburst anthias is known to be a solitary anthias though. ;)

not really..... sunburst anthias live in small colonies in the wild but dun school.. They are deep water anthias though

not really..... sunburst anthias live in small colonies in the wild but dun school.. They are deep water anthias though

my terminology of solitary means they dun school. most webbies recommend this fish to be kept singly (solitary) in a small to medium reef tank to avoid conflicts within own species. :peace:

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Hmm.. what are you hunting for?? You managed to get the Coral magazines??

not looking for anything in particular... but dun plan to buy any more for the next few weeks...

nope, have not got the coral magazines yet... coz haven't gone to henry's place... its a bit out of the way! hehe...

• SRC Member

my terminology of solitary means they dun school. most webbies recommend this fish to be kept singly (solitary) in a small to medium reef tank to avoid conflicts within own species. :peace:

yup.... i think the sunburst is definitely a loner... and he's still not eating... so i'm not letting him out of the betta box anytime soon.

anyway, dun intend to buy any more anthias... or fishes for that matter... coz still going to transfer my fishes from the previous 2 ft tank over.... but will do that only in a couple of weeks' time... i want to make sure everything is ok and the bioload can be handled first.

i think my skimmer should be pretty effective... have been cleaning the skimmate regularly. anyhow, i'm still keeping a lookout to make sure everything is alright.

skimmer doing a great job of skimming out dark and disgusting doc from ur tank does not mean that ur tank parameters r in good conditions.

let me put it this way,

wld u rather hv ur skimmer skimming out lots of gunk everyday but u still get high nutrients (NO3, PO4, etc) readings?

or wld u rather ur skimmer skims out little gunk but u get ur ideal water parameters condition?

hope u get what i m trying to say. :P

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
nice tank.. u like taking pics from below to up eh.. see until i abit giddy..

haha..... i dun want to be in the pictures... that's why i take from that angle... anyway, the room is pretty small... so can't really take picture of the whole tank if i stand straight... :P

hmm yeah but IMOsunburst look best in small groups.. and they feed better in groups

• SRC Member

eh , u might have major problems w that if u have a pump failure or blackout .... it really depends on how the setup is done ... juz take note .

cheers

what major problems? dun scare me leh... i'm sure the tank maker knows what he's doing right?

• SRC Member

what major problems? dun scare me leh... i'm sure the tank maker knows what he's doing right?

no lah ... juz like to know how is done before jumping to the conclusion .. it might help if u can take a pic to c how it's all done up .... ;)