New Tank

absolut_vodka

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

yes, i suspect it is... apparently only 1 elegance is doing well now.... in another thread i posted, i was told that iodine level is too low and that's why the elegance is not doing well... despite the fact that i feed it prawn meat everyday.

i suspect it could also be because my cleaner shrimps is always 'disturbing' the elegance?? could it be?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
yes, i suspect it is... apparently only 1 elegance is doing well now.... in another thread i posted, i was told that iodine level is too low and that's why the elegance is not doing well... despite the fact that i feed it prawn meat everyday.

i suspect it could also be because my cleaner shrimps is always 'disturbing' the elegance?? could it be?

cleaner shrimps are out for me....glad they perished in my reef <_< was very difficult to catch them once they're in....had no peace feeding my corals as they would steal every single morsel the corals were fed and they are fond of "pincing" LPS and Clams with thier needle like pincers. Totally hate them :angry: They might have stressed your elegance in some way , making them open half way or so.

Have 4 tiger gobies but they never spray sand on my LPS liao...in fact they help to shift sand on the surface layer of my DSB :)

• SRC Member

i definitely agree with you that cleaner shrimps can be a nuisance at times... i spotted them pulling out the meat from the elegance's mouth (and also other coral). However, i still find them cute so still keep them.... as for the goby, really wish i can catch it out from the tank!!!! there's sand all over my 2 pratas, plate and brain coral!!

all my 3 elegance 'went up the lorry' oredi... and i'm quite sure its the cleaner shrimps' good work... :( and also this stupid goby... always 'spray' sand all over the corals.

We have the same problem. I used to have the Blue Streak Sleeper until I kept my very first Lobo. That joker bomb the brain till kingdom come. :angry:

But wanting to maintain clean and white sand, I tried signal gobies several times but given up cuz they dun last long in captivity. :(

Now, I have switched to Orange Spotted Sleeper, they are similiar to the Blue Streak but they dun swim to the top to drop thier bombs. But just do it just above the sand. Besides, they are very affordable.... $7 can get one liao.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381