madmac's Reef

madmac

• SRC Member

Found the old camera and some batteries with juice left. :)

Not done much except gotten some frags from around. I had to trade in Jake, the Regal, He's gotten too big or rather bold of late. Bullying, biting, etc.

Here's some pics of him in the sump just before his traded off. :cry2: Good Bye Jake. :(

post-10-1143788804.jpg

post-10-1143788907.jpg

post-10-1143788999.jpg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

The tank is still primary SPS, with some LPS, added around December.

Equipment is still the same:

Lighting :- T5s are now the Aquaz BluePro*2 and 1 Aquaz 10000k and 1 Aquaz 20000k. I love the Aquaz's BluePro. IMO, they're quite intense and go very well when mix with 10000ks. I wanna thank Aquaz for letting me have the tubes without cost. I'll be sure to keep the BluePros on my next purchase when it wears out.

Skimmer:- a small Weipro 2011, driven by a 1200 l/h Eheim, it skims wet. I've hooked up a top-up device to top up NSW, so what the skimmer skims out, the device will replace with SW.

Return pump:- Aquabee 2000, in line to chiller before return to tank.

Maintenance: Still dosing baked baking soda and calcium chloride.

The pics: front left side.

post-34-1144507414.jpg

• SRC Member

Right side: somewhere in the middle is a blue mille, thats truly beautiful. I dubbed it, the TinEng Blue Millie, intense blue all round, a real joy to behold.

post-34-1144507710.jpg

• SRC Member

Thnx Cool. B)

Ive recently acquired some things for experimenting. A set of ATI tubes to replace the Aquaz 20000k and 10000k when they wear out, and l also bought a Mazzei venturi to hook up the weipro with it, not sure if it'll work, but I'm hoping for... hehe don't know what to hope for actually, things are looking ok so far.

I have had a recent issue with some STN at the base of some SPS, and I discovered that the magnetic cleaner could well be the culprit. The inner magnet(the one in the water) was exposed, as the rough was only held to the ###### magnets by glue. The magnets were not enclosed! :blink: There were 'rust' stains at the sides of the casing... and I think thats very bad. anyway its been replaced.

• SRC Member

Hey thnx LinkinPark,

Do you know, it was after seeing yours that I wanted to have a red lobo. I remembered you had it for a long time now, it was the first thing that I saw in your tank pic, always stood out. I'm glad yours is still doing great.

That red piece is starting to split and have 3 little babies now. I'm intending to prepare for fragging it soon. :D

• SRC Member
Hey thnx LinkinPark,

Do you know, it was after seeing yours that I wanted to have a red lobo. I remembered you had it for a long time now, it was the first thing that I saw in your tank pic, always stood out. I'm glad yours is still doing great.

That red piece is starting to split and have 3 little babies now. I'm intending to prepare for fragging it soon. :D

I want the frag!! :angel:

• SRC Member

RG, many thnx! :)

The normal sun coral is pretty hard to feed, I tend to leave it alone. The dendro is alot easier to feed. I jus drop fish food and those that the fish miss out on, drops directly on the open polyps.

The red stylo has purple polyps, incredible considering that this was what it looked like :

post-34-1144570651.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

Went thru' my first power out. Timer showed it went out at 9am. Got home at 4:00pm, thats 7 hrs and nothing was loss. What a relieve. :rolleyes:

Temp was 27ºC. Failure resulted for a trip of my washing machine, the good old trusted AEG, 12yrs old. Wonder whats wrong with the old boy. Anyone know where to find AEG machines, one of the best brand of washers out there.

• 3 months later...

How I wish I can have SPS like these :bow::bow::bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
How I wish I can have SPS like these :bow::bow::bow:

Jervis, thnx. You got equipment there to support anything you'd like to keep.... C'mon into SPS. I'll be happy to contribute something to kick-start it for you. :D

Jervis, thnx. You got equipment there to support anything you'd like to keep.... C'mon into SPS. I'll be happy to contribute something to kick-start it for you. :D

Wow!!! That's a great honour!!! Actually I have already started SPS but still trying to get there... perhaps when the time is right... I will come knock on your door... Trick or Treat? :evil:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica