Espresso's FOWLR

espresso

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
bro show pic of your fu man chu?

will post up more after i charge my digicam batt..lol...right now there are 2 pic of my fu man chu lion...1 at pg1 the other 1 is the 1st post of this pg.

Bro penyu,

:thanks::D

• SRC Member
bro thats not a fu man chu..thats a dwarf lion fiah..fu man chu have red n black n have 2 feelers like things at near their mouth

hmm..isit? the guy at eaquanature told me is fu man chu sia..lol...okok..tks for the correction

• SRC Member
hey, where did u get those artificial coral ya??? nice nice :yeah:

From pasir ris, The 1 opp Sentosa Marine. Duno still have anot..these fake corals are cheap...but wun last...coz the colour will fade...duno y..

• SRC Member
bro u not scared your lion eat your fish?i even scared that if i keep a fu man chu i scared it eat my fish..gaga

hmm...at first i was..i slowly introduce it in...i monitor it for 12hours(of coz take turns with my family members)...at first...all the fishes in my tank dun dare to stay near it....but now...all my fishes like heck care...even dare to swim and hit its fins alittle...lol..

• SRC Member
nice tank.. but how u feed ur lion? put fresh water small fish?

Thanks bro.

erm..this lion eat only when my moonlight led is on or only when the surrounding are dark...so far it is eating frozen Brine Shrimp.

• SRC Member
erm..this lion eat only when my moonlight led is on or only when the surrounding are dark...so far it is eating frozen Brine Shrimp.

You mean your dwarf zebra is eating frozen brine shrimp? :shock: Mine still refuse to change its diet from live food. :sick: How did you manage to get your lion to feed on frozen?

• SRC Member

At first it doesn't want to eat anything..i tried market prawn...but fail...in the end..i try feed it at night with only the moonlight on and my balcony lights are off..so the surrounding are dark...den i put frozen brine shrimp and hope the lion will eat...and the lion really did eat...ghee..maybe i am lucky..

what live food u feed ur lion with bro? maybe i will wan to feed it with other choice of food too..

• SRC Member

From pasir ris, The 1 opp Sentosa Marine. Duno still have anot..these fake corals are cheap...but wun last...coz the colour will fade...duno y..

if the colour fades, tat means it fades into your tank...so becareful...i've seen artificial corals tat dun fade, which means it is safer...but i dunno where that reefer got it from...i thnk hong kong ah...

• SRC Member

if the colour fades, tat means it fades into your tank...so becareful...i've seen artificial corals tat dun fade, which means it is safer...but i dunno where that reefer got it from...i thnk hong kong ah...

ya..i saw the green colour pieces on my sandbed..i cleared it. Now saving up money to see if any of our LFS carry US fake corals..if no den might make order from marine deport..thanx for ur pointers...i think i removed the faded corals betta..in case it fade even more.

• SRC Member

ya..i saw the green colour pieces on my sandbed..i cleared it. Now saving up money to see if any of our LFS carry US fake corals..if no den might make order from marine deport..thanx for ur pointers...i think i removed the faded corals betta..in case it fade even more.

no prob at all... :D

but good thing to have fact corals also...not much maintanence work...just have to scrub off the algae...

• SRC Member

no prob at all... :D

but good thing to have fact corals also...not much maintanence work...just have to scrub off the algae...

ya...the best thing is that i can keep fishes without worrying weather it is reef safe anot..lol..

=p

• SRC Member
At first it doesn't want to eat anything..i tried market prawn...but fail...in the end..i try feed it at night with only the moonlight on and my balcony lights are off..so the surrounding are dark...den i put frozen brine shrimp and hope the lion will eat...and the lion really did eat...ghee..maybe i am lucky..

what live food u feed ur lion with bro? maybe i will wan to feed it with other choice of food too..

My lion only whacks live food. So far I am only feeding it with live ghost shrimps. But it's very wasteful because the minimum cost per pack is $2, and my lion can't finish that much. A lot of shrimps died as a result.

Interestingly, it doesn't disturb my other LS.

How long did you have your lion before it started eating frozen?

• SRC Member

My lion only whacks live food. So far I am only feeding it with live ghost shrimps. But it's very wasteful because the minimum cost per pack is $2, and my lion can't finish that much. A lot of shrimps died as a result.

Interestingly, it doesn't disturb my other LS.

How long did you have your lion before it started eating frozen?

eh...at the 4th day after i brought the lion it start eating the frozen..where u stay...if we stay near we can share the ghost shrimp mah. =p

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
eh...at the 4th day after i brought the lion it start eating the frozen..where u stay...if we stay near we can share the ghost shrimp mah. =p

My tank is at Kallang area. Can share if it's convenient.

Mine seems to be growing faster than expected, probably due to live food feeding. If the growth rate continues, I may have to sell it. :(