where to buy mangove seed?

• SRC Member

You can go and pick them at Pasir Ris beach or near Kranji Dam. Free or charge. Never heard of anyone selling mangrove in Singapore.

Hope you are not using them for your tank cause they aren't that efficient. Tried them before but they grow so slowly that I gave up. Most reefer who tried them in US because Julian Sprung advocated it so much, have stopped and switched to something else.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

i'm using them....only thing is u need lots!

(i using 3 for 4ft)- not much diff but still trying it out.

maybe 12 pods to a 3ft.

i also need more(have to go pasir ris soon)- so far only 2 of mine rooting.

anybody want to go rock pooling-mangrove next weekend?

i think sat or sun morning 10-11am(before hot sun comes out)

but got to chk tides first.

• SRC Member

I was careless once at Pasir Ris Beach (the escape theme park end) and walked out a metre into the mud at low tide to try to catch a hermit crab. Just a metre away from the squishy sand was pure mud and my feet sake right in till slightly above the knees. It was really difficult to get out (even with help) and I got a few cuts. Luckily my jabs were still effective that time!

Hey i used to collect them here, since i live in pasir ris... Adult mangrove need silty sand or mud to grow....

But its really nice to swim in the swamp but just becareful of stingrays and catfishes... a real pain in the butt....