Thinking of getting a CR

desbug13

• SRC Member

Hi reefers,

planning to slowly convert my tank to half sps but understand the tank has better to hv a CR. Seriously i duno how it works n what are the complete items to get. Wld appreciate ur help to help me understand it. & oso wld like to get these items. Thanks!

Hi reefers,

planning to slowly convert my tank to half sps but understand the tank has better to hv a CR. Seriously i duno how it works n what are the complete items to get. Wld appreciate ur help to help me understand it. & oso wld like to get these items. Thanks!

Please read up on the rules of posting in the right sub-forum...and do a search for CR infomation first. There are a lot of info in the forum. It would be rather tough for reefers to answer you at all.....

• SRC Member

Actually I am quite interested in finding out about CRs as well. I roughly know that the CO2 will create a low pH environment to dissolve the Calcium in the media, but I am a little confused about the relationship between the bubble count, drip rate and the calcium level.

Also the relationship between calcium level and kH level also baffles me...

Would be nice if someone can enlighten.

:blink:

• SRC Member
Actually I am quite interested in finding out about CRs as well. I roughly know that the CO2 will create a low pH environment to dissolve the Calcium in the media, but I am a little confused about the relationship between the bubble count, drip rate and the calcium level.

Also the relationship between calcium level and kH level also baffles me...

Would be nice if someone can enlighten.

:blink:

Short explanation - pls correct me if I'm wrong.

1)Use the drip rate to control the ph inside reactor (maintain between 6.5-6.7ph) for ARM to dissolve effectively.

2)Use bubble count to control the calcium concentration for your tank

thanks deepblue! apologies.

that's OK...

I did what I advised you to do and found a link created by Tanzy a long time ago....

hope this helps:(note - disregard the pdt selling part, the info can be quite useful.)

http://www.myreefcreations.com/caabout.htm

See...the old forum threads is filled with gems. After reading through, can ask the gurus here more 'chim' qns......

If you want to purchase a commercially made one, can try deltec or Koralin....

some of our sponsors brings in quality Ca Reactor.

Some sponsors have DIYed ones for sale as well.

• SRC Member

hmmm....been reading plenty of it. however, there's one problem with my placement of CR if i get one. attached pic is the current tank's placement. i intend to place the CR at the corner, but the tubing of water n air flow seems the major issue.

post-17-1098980636.jpg

Edited by DeepBlue