Digital Camera Recommendations

flubberina13

• SRC Member
thanks...aong...you know I have limited budget... :peace:

Yup...I saw two models today...

1) Olympus CAMEDIA C770

2) RICOH Caplio GX

I was looking at some with 5 megapixels and above but their macro functions not fantastic lei... :(

Any consultants before I splurge? :P

TIA... :peace:

I tested a Ricoh before ... I think it was a R300 or something .... sometime back already the color reproduction was not good .. it turn out with a slight tint of blue .. not sure about this model .. got to take note though the macro is superb .. even with a 500 dollar cam they have superb macro capabilities.

my 2 cents.

• SRC Member

Read the Straits Times... Panasonic Lumix FZ20 is rated the best prosumer camera... good leica lens can't remember the details. a lot of zoom.. v good macro shots and also got image stabilizer I think... u should be able to get it at slightly above 1000... very fun cam to play with.. good performance.. tried it at shop.. haha u should go try..

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
Read the Straits Times... Panasonic Lumix FZ20 is rated the best prosumer camera... good leica lens can't remember the details. a lot of zoom.. v good macro shots and also got image stabilizer I think... u should be able to get it at slightly above 1000... very fun cam to play with.. good performance.. tried it at shop.. haha u should go try..

Just tested this camera with a friend ... good macro ...12 x optical zoom. 1000 ... I was quoted 920.