pls help (naso tang)

i had purchase a naso tang 1 week ago, but until now it still dun eat anything bside of argae. he finish all my algae in 1 day (the 1st day). until now he eat nothing. any1 who kno how to improve? I try in fish food, brine shrimp, blood worms, brocoli, lettuce and plankton.

now he is Thin, breath normally and swim normally.

pls help!!! :(

• SRC Member

You mean it ate all you red bambo aglae? Anyway, since you have already put it into the display tank. Below suggestion is what you can try.

1. Soak your fish feed with garlic extact/ guard.

2. Buy ML's Henry special feed mix to feed your LS.

3. Cyclopeeze.

If all the above fail, just get more aglae for the time being else your naso will starve to death.

By the way, what LS do you have in your tank?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Try getting a rock of red bamboo macroalgae to get it started, tangs normally will eat it. At the same time, try soaking cyclopeeze in garlic extract like wat neokn suggested.. then progressively get it onto mysid and pellets... these methods worked for me, so hopefully it will help. ;)

You mean it ate all you red bambo aglae? Anyway, since you have already put it into the display tank. Below suggestion is what you can try.

1. Soak your fish feed with garlic extact/ guard.

2. Buy ML's Henry special feed mix to feed your LS.

3. Cyclopeeze.

If all the above fail, just get more aglae for the time being else your naso will starve to death.

By the way, what LS do you have in your tank?

LS means fish?

1 maroon clown, 4 percula clown, 1 dotty back, 2 african clown and this naso tang.

i have only the green stuff, with something like bubble. (i dun kno wats e name).

Try getting a rock of red bamboo macroalgae to get it started, tangs normally will eat it. At the same time, try soaking cyclopeeze in garlic extract like wat neokn suggested.. then progressively get it onto mysid and pellets... these methods worked for me, so hopefully it will help. ;)

red bamboo algae? how is it look like?

i gonna ask fish shop owner tonite b4 i back. he tell me, his 1st naso tang wait until the 3rd week to start eating. but for me, if my naso tang did the same like wat he said, then i dun think this fish can survive.....

• SRC Member

red bamboo algae? how is it look like?

i gonna ask fish shop owner tonite b4 i back. he tell me, his 1st naso tang wait until the 3rd week to start eating. but for me, if my naso tang did the same like wat he said, then i dun think this fish can survive.....

Red colour stick-like bamboo algae lor... CF always have, but call and check first... tangs love it.. tangs are picky eaters, a week isn't tat bad actually, just keep trying to entice it and don't stress it too much..

Red colour stick-like bamboo algae lor... CF always have, but call and check first... tangs love it.. tangs are picky eaters, a week isn't tat bad actually, just keep trying to entice it and don't stress it too much..

:o oh....~

i was plan to change some water this weekend. so now, do you think i should wait until the naso tang to start eating.

by the way, wat is CF? :paiseh:

sorry! im really new....

• SRC Member

Sorry, shoudn't have used short-form... its Coral Farm, at Lim Chu Kang. you can find their address under LFS listings in the forum. Else, pasir ris farms should have also.. water change should be fine, jus dun do anything unnecessary to shock or stress it.

• SRC Member

hi, lin!

wat is dried seaweed?

:rolleyes: those seaweed we eat? nori? dun get those salted one, get those we put in our soup one.. some tang take tt if i m not wrong, u can always try.. those red bamboo thingy not cheap neh, somemore u gota drive out to farm to get.. hee.. i believe is some kind of kelp?.. :)