4 x 2.5 x 2 tank

mv3i

• SRC Member

2 x 32mm :D But then what's the flow rate? A lot of the pipe size will depend on the flow rate. As a guide, 1x40mm bulkhead will handle very well 6000l/hr flow. Return will depend on the pump's outlet size. Try to use same size all the way to return to tank and not reduce or expand

• SRC Member

when i was planning my tank of same size, i was thinking of 2 x 40mm for return, but seeing how much space the overflow box needs i dropped the idea.... think the bigger water volume turn over the better but have to consider ur return pump as well; no point making a big overflow when ur return is not that strong anyway...

• SRC Member
was planning for 2 external overflow ... n then 3 return ( no internal one at all) .

thinking of 2 md 55 ... 1 for 2 return n the third one tee of fm Beckett ..

so is 2 x 40mm for OF enough . also return 30 mm each ...

;)

Wow 2 X MD55 return??

Think is better to have a dedicated MD55 for beckett. Whatever is Tee off is too little / not worth for return.

Go for 2 X 40 or more for overflow, better to have extra than not enough.

yr return ext. so the sizing will be determined by the pump sizing: MD55 is 1" so have 1" piping and reduce only at output into tank.

• SRC Member
was planning for 2 external overflow ... n then 3 return ( no internal one at all) .

thinking of 2 md 55 ... 1 for 2 return n the third one tee of fm Beckett ..

so is 2 x 40mm for OF enough . also return 30 mm each ...

;)

i'd go for iwaki mx70 or 100 rather than md 55... almost the same electrical cost but much reliable than china pumps..... anyway, u can get it in hk what.....