Return pump?

• SRC Member

Hey guys, I am about to custom made a new tank. Size shld be around 3 X 2 X 2 ft

Plus a sump as well, etc.

I understand that water flow down into the sump from the IOS unit, and water has to be pump back into the main tank using a return pump.

What kind of return pump would be suitable for tanks of this size? I have a pump for my venturi pump, and I wonder if i could be used as return pump. The brand is haliea, and has a flowrate of 1750l/h.

I wonder if the pipings done for the water to return to the main tank would fit the 'head' of the return pump. How do i go about solving this problem?

Thank you guys for your advises!

Hey guys, I am about to custom made a new tank. Size shld be around 3 X 2 X 2 ft

Plus a sump as well, etc.

I understand that water flow down into the sump from the IOS unit, and water has to be pump back into the main tank using a return pump.

What kind of return pump would be suitable for tanks of this size? I have a pump for my venturi pump, and I wonder if i could be used as return pump. The brand is haliea, and has a flowrate of 1750l/h.

I wonder if the pipings done for the water to return to the main tank would fit the 'head' of the return pump. How do i go about solving this problem?

Thank you guys for your advises!

MIN is to get an Ehiem 1260 that hv flow rate of 2200l/h.

OR

Ehiem 1262 3200l/h return pump. ;)

• SRC Member

Get the 1262. Eheims are rock solid and dependable. You will not get the max flow, but is still sufficent for your tank overall. The rubber hose for the output is the standard 16/22mm, can buy from most lfs. Get three elbows for the joint, and then you have a return hose/ pipe thingy. Works well.

Hope this helps