Comments/Advice on 14000K MH bulbs

scarab

Just my 2 cents.... the bluer bulbs are usually lower in par ie. usually not that growth-inducing for SPS unless u go for the higher wattage blue bulbs, eg. 400w.

Anything below 10k ie. the 6500ks, are high PAR bulbs... so you will get better SPS growth tips and even better overall body colour.

Since there are a few SPS keepers in SRC who have tried out the Phoenix 14k bulbs already... ask them for before/after pix of their SPS for comparison?

• SRC Member

Oh shucks another reefer changing to 10kk..... :o while I'm trying to convince myself to change from 10kk to 14kk. :pinch::pinch:

Decisions, decisions.

Anyone else can share on the effectiveness of 14kk??? :unsure::unsure:

Decisions decisions... haha I'm actually thinking of changing my 14K to 10k... I'm using Arcadia at the moment... I don't think it is that good... will probably change to Pheonix 10K or BLV 10K...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Im currently using AC 14k and i find it happening! Have 2 MH for my 4ft tank but unfortunately one of the bulb blows! :(

Made so many phonecalls but no-one seems to sell AC but only Phoenix and a china brand product. Anybody know where or who sells AC bulb? or phoenix and AC are the same? And if i just buy the Phoenix bulb to replace? will there be a visible difference of the colour between Phoenix and AC? :unsure: