Blue tang with a Bulge Eye...

• SRC Member

Sigh!!!! Very sad to see my fat, chubby blue tang with a bulge eye!

It was alright and eating like the pig the night before........even with a few white spot on the body! :(

Very very sad to see it is now infected with a buige eye! :cry:

Will it goes off by itself? :huh: What could have caused it?? :cry::cry2:

• SRC Member
Hi Bro,

So sad to hear that ur BT has buldge eye, from my experience, it may due to the white ich/spot, so u better quickly treat him or it may go to heaven as one my clown.

:(

hmmm.....I am going to get another bottle of "kick ich" tomorrow........it all started after I introduce my first chevron tang!.....Sigh!......

Donno if I was lucky......my chevron is eating now!!! ;)

I am preparing some water change now!..... <_<

Anybody have any other opinions? :huh: ...please help....its my first fish in my current tank and I dont wish to lose it!!!! :cry:

• SRC Member

leave it alone :)

mine had it for a week after itch and blackspots and its still swiming happily in my FLOWR one year after the incident ;)

u may wana beef it up with selcon or garlic soaked foods but dun overdo it

the chevvy may have brought in those parasites/diesease ;) but dun woory abt ur blue tang.... will recover

• SRC Member
leave it alone :)

mine had it for a week after itch and blackspots and its still swiming happily in my FLOWR one year after the incident ;)

u may wana beef it up with selcon or garlic soaked foods but dun overdo it

the chevvy may have brought in those parasites/diesease ;) but dun woory abt ur blue tang.... will recover

You mean your also got a bulge eye???......Its so shy now.....seems like it know its problem and it keep avoiding my looks and hide behind the rocks!.......usually it will swim up to me as though begging for food.....I am really sad to see it at this state!.... :cry: ...its such an interactive fish!!! :cry2:

• SRC Member

You mean your also got a bulge eye???......Its so shy now.....seems like it know its problem and it keep avoiding my looks and hide behind the rocks!.......usually it will swim up to me as though begging for food.....I am really sad to see it at this state!.... :cry: ...its such an interactive fish!!! :cry2:

mine had it a year ago ;) its still eating right? i geuss the best way is just to add selcon to its food and garlic too :)

any fish being agressive towards u bt?

• SRC Member

Pardon my ignorance...whats selcon?

Err....so far so good.....guess I need to monitor any bullies inside...... <_<

By the way why do you say that? :huh:

Pardon my ignorance...whats selcon?

Err....so far so good.....guess I need to monitor any bullies inside...... <_<

By the way why do you say that? :huh:

Selcon is a additive with lots of HUFA (Fatty Acids), vitamins & minerals. It is normally mixed into prepared food to be fed to the fishes. :lol:

It is more difficult to find Selcon here in Singapore, I bought my last bottle from E-Aquarist Place. A more commonly marketing alternative is the Kent Marine's Zoecon. :lol:

But bare in mind if you are fortifying your food with Zoecon or Selcon, they can really turn your skimmer crazy! Ensure that you have a good skimmer if not, your water params will drop drastically. :cry:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Thanks Gouldian!

Sigh!.....both eyes also kanna liao!!!! :cry:

But the other eye that was infected first seems to subside!.....but still blur blur.....sigh!....very cham!!! :cry:

• SRC Member

mine kenna before, but they recover from not doing anything drastic....most likely your blue tang is stress by something....it could be water parameter or maybe while aquascapping you frighten it....

if water parameter problem, just find the cause and restore the parameter....if aqascapping problem....just let it be...it should recover in good time.....also i would advise you to set up QT like some of the reefer here....especially now you are starting to get xpensive fishes....:)

• SRC Member

Hi Alan and Tineng.....my water parameter alright leh!......except NO3 at 25ppm lor.....which has been for a long time.....just couldnt get it now to zero......

Calcium also a bit low.....at 390-410......and I dont think thats the cause of it.

Anyway the eye which kanna the bulge eye first has subsided but the other is growing!!! :cry:

Have feeding brine and mysis shrimp with soak garlic juice......hopefully it will recover soon. Very shy these days!!! :(

Tineng....you are probably right.....recently bought some LPS from Triggerpuff and have been adjusting the corals here and there......so that maybe the cause!! <_<

Q Tank.....have thought of it but no space leh......my Mdm dis-allow me placing another tank beside my main tank!!! <_<

kekeke.....lucky my chevron still surviving!!!.....

post-21-1103817659.jpg

• SRC Member

another pic....still got ich!!!.... :( ......cross my finger!!!......this is the most expensive I have bought so far.....tolong tolong....dont die on me!!!! :P

post-21-1103817866.jpg

Wish you all the best! ;)

Continue to feed garlic soaked fook loh. BTW way, try to beef them up with some Selcon or Zoecon, it will help with the recovering of the fishes.

Cheers,

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

my tank got hit by ich a few days back.

my BT also got hit with a bulge eye yesterday. but after i add in 'Waterlife's MYXAZIN' the bulge eye is gone today. The white spots seem to get lesser too. maybe u shld try it.

Good Luck.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Just a little update, my Blue tang's bulge eyes recover!!! :yeah::lol::lol:

Very happy to see it swimming healthly in my tank again! yipeeeeeeee :P

Thanks guys for your advise. I just fed the joker with garlic soaked brine and mysis shrimp. Total black out during my off lighthing period (by covering the tank)....so that they get enough rest!......surprisingly, my chevron's ich have also subsided tremendously!.....only a few white spot liao!!!........didnt use any medication at all.....heng ah.....save some money.

Now need to pump my Chevron fat fat!...very very thin now but still eating.....but only brine and mysis shrimp! <_< .....trying out pallets on this joker! :P

Congrats! Keep us posted on your Chevron.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

you might want to throw a few rocks from your refug to the main tank....these tangs are gazer in the wild, so if you provide them enough algae, they will grow fat in no time....

1 month plus liao, still have not gotten my kole eye to feed my food...but its growing fatter every day, i attribute these to the algae that i put in....:)

• SRC Member
pardon my remarks, but u really shldn't think of saving some money. what need to spend had to spend. imagine u sick, dun want to see doctor to save the money? :peace:

No problem.... :paiseh: ......dosing medication is always my last resort.... :P

• SRC Member
you might want to throw a few rocks from your refug to the main tank....these tangs are gazer in the wild, so if you provide them enough algae, they will grow fat in no time....

1 month plus liao, still have not gotten my kole eye to feed my food...but its growing fatter every day, i attribute these to the algae that i put in....:)

Seems like tangs of this species (the shape of the mouth)....as in Chevron, Kole and AT are damn fussy eater!!! <_<

I got no rocks in my refugium leh......all this type of algae!

In any case, this joker is also completing food with my yellow tang....same same....damn fussy eater....dont eat pallets one! <_<

post-21-1104304073.jpg