Temperature Always High

• SRC Member

Hi, newbie here, i'm been in this hobby for the past few months (5 mths) not

sure why the temperature is always around 29C to 30C. But somehow most of

the coral are still :peace: Tank is 3ft, with two power head and one fan .

additional of another two powerhead in the sump for skimmer and return flow.

Thanks.

Hi, newbie here, i'm been in this hobby for the past few months (5 mths) not

sure why the temperature is always around 29C to 30C. But somehow most of

the coral are still :peace: Tank is 3ft, with two power head and one fan .

additional of another two powerhead in the sump for skimmer and return flow.

Thanks.

What lighting are you using

• SRC Member

your lightning is horribly horribly inadequate. only Actinic somemore. suggest u get yourself a new set of lights b4 worrying about this temperature. fans work somewhat with regard to the ambient temperature of the surrounding. try ventilating the areas around the tank more. or put in more fans. Unless u are using something like a rio powerhead which is heating up your water and will eventually burn out and explode

got bubbles, hammer, round tip , mushroom , button (brown & green),

maxima clam, two nemo, one pink clown, anemonea.

Hey pls read up more on which lighting to have in order to keep certain coral or invertebrate......

Do you know that hammer and bubble need moderate to strong lighting to thrive.... IMO your 18watt FL is no way for even the lowest light demanding coral such as mushroom............. IMO minimum a Pl light is then sufficient to have those coral....

And also pls note that anemone and maxima clam need very strong lighting to thrive such as metal halide........ And they can no way be kept under 18watt of FL.....

Pls show us some pic of what you describe as doing ok coral and invertebrates ...... Because they have just gotten yourself some very light demanding invertebrates and corals.................

Sorry for my harsh tone as i really wan the live stock to thrive in your tank

• SRC Member
Sorry for my harsh tone as i really wan the live stock to thrive in your tank

/me steps back. You....... The Man.

sorry i didnt see maxima and anemone. Anemone may live for a little bit with feedingbut Your maxima is not going to be pretty.

two nemo, one pink clown: what is a pink clown

round tip: What is a round tip

Nemo: What is a Nemo

/me steps back. You....... The Man.

sorry i didnt see maxima and anemone. Anemone may live for a little bit with feedingbut Your maxima is not going to be pretty.

two nemo, one pink clown: what is a pink clown

round tip: What is a round tip

Nemo: What is a Nemo

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dun mention nemo in this forum... they are not cartoon character you see in the movie..... They are known as false percula!!! :bow::bow::bow: wooos sorry again, wonder whats wrong with me

i am current having a 2 ft tank n i am alreadi having 2Xwhite 2Xblue lighting with a total of more then 60W(got reflectors mah). 1Xactinic FL 18W is........TOO LITTLE

ur bubble or hammer opening up nicely?

this is onli wat i get using 4 FL(bubble)

post-6-1062236388.jpg

believe less then 50% of wat ppl tell u n bring it up tp 99% by confirming it urself

i am current having a 2 ft tank n i am alreadi having 2Xwhite 2Xblue lighting with a total of more then 60W(got reflectors mah). 1Xactinic FL 18W is........TOO LITTLE

IMO go for PL or t5s instead of FL..... IMO they are pratically useless

• SRC Member

:fear: too new in the hobby i'm only good at dragon fish! For the FL , the tank come with a cover and can only accomodate two FL light , no way to have MH provided i throw the cover away, only can concentrated and maximise the 2x FL.

Currently i only alternate on either light, both are 18W (1x blue , 1x sunlight).

So far things are okay for the past few months. Sorry ! no pic, no digi camera yet!. Thanks for concern and reply. (going away for few days).

:fear: too new in the hobby i'm only good at dragon fish! For the FL , the tank come with a cover and can only accomodate two FL light , no way to have MH provided i throw the cover away, only can concentrated and maximise the 2x FL.

Currently i only alternate on either light, both are 18W (1x blue , 1x sunlight).

So far things are okay for the past few months. Sorry ! no pic, no digi camera yet!. Thanks for concern and reply. (going away for few days).

IMO i dun think your coral are doing well........ If you think that the tentacle are moving around and the coral is like opening very fully resemble healthiness... you are wrong as the corals are trying to reach out to get as much light as possible......... PLs change your light..... many people upgrade their light to metal halide just to keep clam so i dun think your maxima clam is an exception

• SRC Member

hey, i like this coral..

where did u get it..

i wan to take a look!!!

• SRC Member

Can I check if your hood is covered perpetually? If it is, pls open the cover to allow better ventilation and heat exchange.

To keep temp relatively constant, I blow a Large Fan into my sump compartment. Water trickles in my sump, so heat loss is pretty okay.

As mentioned by many liao, your lighting is inadequate and sadly obsolete, would suggest that you save up a little and rid the hood, get strip hood from N*t*** and at least use PL lights. T5 is a better, but more costly option. This way, you solve both the problem of heat and illumination.

Cheers~