Weipro Skimmer 2012 And Sicce Extrema

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I have just bought a weipro 2012 and a sicce extrema.

Have lots of problems trying to make this skimmer work.

First of all, I don't have a sump, so cant help it, have to hang my weipro on one the sides of my tank. Again, no sump, extrema haf to be sumberged into the tank... :sick:

When i on extrema, water flows into the skimmer and well... i am not sure i am seeing fast flowing water or foam...

there is a label/sticker on the skimmer that indicates ur water level shld be there. I can't adjust it to there level..no matter how i increase my pump speed or decrease it..

You guys have any idea how to... my weipro is hang on..so kinda difficult right???

+ how to stop sand from being suck into my pump...argh..

Is there any way to modify my skimmer so that i don't have to hang it on the tank???

:thanks:

• SRC Member

your sicce extrema probably cost more than your weipro. total waste of a good pump like that for a weipro.

How many litres/hr is your pump

Dun bother with the pump to adjust water level turn the knob on the outlet.

water is transparent. foam is not. how can u mix up the 2.

dun bother with the water level markings on the pump Raise it till u get your results

Hi guys,

I have just bought a weipro 2012 and a sicce extrema.

Have lots of problems trying to make this skimmer work.

First of all, I don't have a sump, so cant help it, have to hang my weipro on one the sides of my tank. Again, no sump, extrema haf to be sumberged into the tank... :sick:

When i on extrema, water flows into the skimmer and well... i am not sure i am seeing fast flowing water or foam...

there is a label/sticker on the skimmer that indicates ur water level shld be there. I can't adjust it to there level..no matter how i increase my pump speed or decrease it..

You guys have any idea how to... my weipro is hang on..so kinda difficult right???

+ how to stop sand from being suck into my pump...argh..

Is there any way to modify my skimmer so that i don't have to hang it on the tank???

:thanks:

bro what u mean by modify by not letting it hanging on the tank. :huh:

then where u want to place it since u don't a sump.?? :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

u can put it anywhere u want theoretically. u just going to have to judge and estimate how powerful a pump you might need. to get the water to it wherever it is at its recommended pressure and u cant put it below your tank.or it will just flood the cup and blow. just use it the way it was meant to be used. or get another skimmer :)