Leather coral not doing well

pegasus1010

• SRC Member

hi all,

I believe my leather not well, some bleaching & it's surface giving out slime.

I had transferred it to low flow area, but interested to know more abt it's ideal condition.

Had searched dis forum, but all results abt leather were in sales of it.

:thanks:

pic courtesy of another reefer..

post-71-1104652113.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Bro,

I had problems with the leather coral that you are having too. Was given 5 pieces via adoption and about 3 are doing very well. The other 2 remained very unhealthy ( The person passed them to me as they were not doing well in his tank ) and I have discarded them.

The waxing and peeling is natural as long as the wax layer eventually comes off...if it stays on for a long time then it means irritation on the corals' part :)

Cheers

• SRC Member
Is it the one that I pass to you for adoption? If so, most likely still under impression that it's in my small tank and can't get use to your huge tank now. :lol::lol:

nope. bro rotala is rite. They shed their skin pretty often. Then after shedding they opened up nicely.

For feeding I used henry mix & let the current push the particles to them & other corals. Once a while target feed with phyto powder.

• 2 months later...