Any Comments?

malcolm

Basic Idea of my filtration method. This works and I have seen it in use in many 2 footers. Surface skimmer, the one that does not come with a corrugated hose. It is a copy of a fluval surface skimmer and it costs $10 -$11 at many LFS. with this setup, my surface is constantly clear with no oil buildup and max oxygen exchange. No protein skimmer is needed provided you do your regular water changes.

That is my naughty clown. I say naughty because he is responsible for killing every other fish I have bought. I paid $8 for him a year ago and he managed to kill 3 brazillian grammas, yes 3 at $25 each. 1 Brown Tang $8, 1 Eibli Angel $8. However, he did not touch my fire goby which later died while choking on a pellet of Formula 2. Expensive Maroon Clown eh? :evil:

So just gonna keep 1 fish from now til I upgrade my tank.

post-69-1107016678.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Eheim 2213, a very good cannister filter. 2215 is better though.

Water enters from the bottom and exits the top. Very little chance for water to escape being filtered like in many other brands like fluval. Even other Eheim models.

Inside is where I hide the goodies.

1. Coral Chips ~ 50%

2. Seachem de*Nitrate ~ 20%

3. Seachem Matrix Carbon ~ half a small bottle.

4. Poly Filter

Plan is to replace items 2,3 & 4 every 3 months.

post-69-1107017229.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been about 2 weeks since my last post. Upgraded to a Seio pump for circulation and to prevent detritus build up.

Now I have a Metallic Green BTA, 1 feather duster worm and an Algae Blenny ( a.k.a Jabba ) in addition to my Maroon Clown. Added a fan to my tank since the addition of the anemone. Temperature range from 26 - 28 degrees with Halide on so no issues here. Only problem is sunlight is coming in my room and causing algae to bloom which is why i bought the Blenny.

Will post some pictures soon. Haven't charged my camera yet :angry:

• SRC Member

dude... juz my opinion...

u intending to keep SPS??? if so... the MH would be a good investment...

otherwise... i think it is really a waste of marnee....

LPS... t5 also enuff...

somehow.. t5 is better... cheaper... more even light distribution... cheaper.... less heat... did i mention cheaper???

Power bill also cheaper.... i would use t5s if i can.... but my tank too deep... 3 feet.....

so it is 400w MH for me.... and my mum is nagging at me monthly when the power bill arrives....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

The seio pump is good enough to create the kind of surface movt. ;)

He has easily achieve it with the eden outlet pointing upwards....together with the return from the cannister...pretty much enough for the 2 footer ;)