Two BTAs in one tank?

releeps

• SRC Member

Hi, need some advice from anemones keepers.

I currently has a Green BTA in my 2 ft tank and planning to add a small RBTA. Isit advisable to do so? I mean will they have any chemical warfare? My green BTA always stay at one corner and I am planning to put the RBTA at the other corner. Assuming that they dont move :).

Thanks in advance :).

• SRC Member

No problem, both green and rose tip are in the same anemones family. You can place them next to one another, they dont fight. I myself placing 5 bubble tip anemones together.

• SRC Member
I think if they are all anemone should be fine right? I'm setting up an anemone tank and plan to stock all kinds of anemone.

Not all anomones can get along with each other, leather anomones cannot place near to carpet anomones, once they expand and touch each other, carpet might kill leather through their chemical. This is so far what i know.

• SRC Member

let me just contribute to this thread a little...... afterall I have 2 anemones in my tank. :P

must find a suitable place for it in my 2ft tank  .

Most likely is that they try to find a place comfortable in your tank for themselves.... then you just rearrange the rockscape to suit your liking.

Also, since they are the same kind, you CAN CHOOSE to place them together for a better view **if you find so....no hard and fast rule here**

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

No problem bro. I had 5 bubble tip anomones stay happily together.

Attrach the pic you can see my RTBA and 4 of my green tip anomones stay together as a family and form a bubble tip anomones garden.

As long as same type of anonomes, they are safe to place together, no matter what colour form, hope that help.

post-72-1105265602.jpg