Hydroids problem

chinmo

• SRC Member

hi guys, any ways to killed them? got any inverts will take care of hydroids? don't wanna nuke the tank with medications leh, as i have clams in the system. :huh:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Hydroids come from hatching of impure BBS eggs supply. That mean your BBS are not decapitated before hatching.

BBS is also the best food for hydroid.

Initially we do have this problem until we very carefully design a tiny window of light source attracting the BBS to swim through a 1'' tube.

I am not very sure but it seem that enriching BBS with HUFA actually suffocate hydroids. We don't find anymore.

Have not news any invertibrate that ingest hydroids.... Best thing is to suck them out ASAP.

Once past 2 weeks, is fattening time............. and it must be done quick.

• SRC Member
Hydroids come from hatching of impure BBS eggs supply. That mean your BBS are not decapitated before hatching.

BBS is also the best food for hydroid.

Initially we do have this problem until we very carefully design a tiny window of light source attracting the BBS to swim through a 1'' tube.

I am not very sure but it seem that enriching BBS with HUFA actually suffocate hydroids. We don't find anymore.

Have not news any invertibrate that ingest hydroids.... Best thing is to suck them out ASAP.

Once past 2 weeks, is fattening time............. and it must be done quick.

That's interesting .... I thought BBS comes in 2 form ... the decapitated and the non-decap form .. and both works fine for me without any problem.

The fastest way to kill hydroid is just mix fresh salt mix and and change about 20% of your tank water .... maybe do that everyweek .... usu the hydriod will die off ... it works for me. They just disappeared after some time.

• SRC Member

okie! point noted, Thanks guys!

any more other ideas? ;)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Yo bro chris, any way to clear off hydroids on the fries? u experience before? :huh:

• SRC Member

Kinda lost nw..... i tried seachem para guard, c if it helps not..... :(