any shhop can DIY a 250w MH ?

joeyttk

Hi,

does anyone knows where can I get someone to customize a 250mh for me ? I am an electronic idiot and I had already suffered too many power trip from my past DIY effort.

I have very limited tank space [enclosed in a partition wall], hence need special mounting etc.

any one got any good LFS or h/w shop references ?

joey

When dealing with electrical appliances, safety is the most important aspect to consider.

Exposing the contact points of the e-ballast to evaporation (seawater) is very unprofessional. It will give a nasty shock! Worst, if it takes away ones life.

No matter how high you place your e-ballast in the canopy (hood), evaporation still takes place and it'll collect at the exposed contacts after sometime.

So for safety, no contact points should be exposed to evaporation.

Check out the pics of the covered e-ballast

post-9-1106067927.jpg

I agree with Strat, get Dr Evil to do it for you. He did a fantastic job for me!

Agree with Strat and Pangz, I cast my vote on DE. :peace:

Pricing wise, I feel that it is genuine pricing, I have done a couple of DIYs before together with a friend who knows electricity and thus know a little about the cost involved. I always believe, "When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys". <_<

Recently, I got him to do up my Hood, re-wiring and some re-piping. From this incident, I can see that he is one guy that will help in whatever ways he can. :rolleyes:

What happened was when he was doing my repiping, we realized that there is a small leak in one of the joint below the tank which was not even part of the re-piping works he is doing for me. He could have just leave or refer me to a tank maker to resolve the problem. :(

Even the leak was very minor, one drop every 1 minute. I still could not sleep well even Dr Evil left my house at 12.50am the night before! It was 8+am and I woke up to check on the leak and also to surf SRC while I think of how I could fix the leak. :(

Suddenly, I receive a call from him. Apparently, he also could not sleep and was thinking of ways to help me solve the problems. I felt so touch and decided to try to find ways to repay him for his kindness. :thanks:

After going through waht we should do and setting appointment to fixed up the leak. Ifinally come out will a solution, I told him that I have a budget of $250 for him to do up the leak, get me a Fluidized Reactor & install it. In my mind I was thinking of getting the cheapest FR of all the Resun and guess what I got in the end............. Reef Maniacs! He could have made more $$$ but getting the Resun but he stood to quality and get me the RM. :yeah:

On the actual day, he came promptly and sorted my leak done up everything to my satisfaction. All in all we spend almost 4hrs doing it. Think about it, is he overcharging? I think not. <_<

Anyway, the above is my experience with Dr Evil. I will definitely put him in my first choice list of supplier whom I can depend on. :bow::bow::bow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381