QNS bout ich

• SRC Member

whether have or not, it is not advisable to try at all.

dis is considered drastic changes to temp, the fishes may not be able to take it.

if u really sticking to fowlr, then u can either go for hyposalinity treatment on the main tank or pour some copper based medication.

if u goes for copper, u cannot add corals next time unless u wash your liverocks very throughly to rid them of copper.

I have transferred all my fishes to QT tank and Hypo-salin and my main tank is left only the shrimp, coral and invertibrates . Both are left for al least 40 days.

When, i trahnsferred all the fishes back to main tank.. to my dismay.. the itch came back.

What happened ? Can anyone help me? Why like that leh..? :(:(:(:(

• SRC Member
I have transferred all my fishes to QT tank and Hypo-salin and my main tank is left only the shrimp, coral and invertibrates . Both are left for al least 40 days.

When, i trahnsferred all the fishes back to main tank.. to my dismay.. the itch came back.

What happened ? Can anyone help me? Why like that leh..? :(:(:(:(

it is possible that yr water quality in yr main tank is low

i suggest change 20% water and any overdue carbon

it'll definitely help

• SRC Member

it is possible that yr water quality in yr main tank is low

i suggest change 20% water and any overdue carbon

it'll definitely help

even you have good water quality...the ich parasites can still come back....

go read up on the ich live cycle....u should leave your tank fishless for minimum 6 weeks...cos by 6 weeks, the ich parasites have nothing to feed on and will die off...

if at 5 weeks, the ich will still have chance to do some last minute feeding and they are also very hungry...hence they will come back.. like what bro roidan said...8 weeks safest

• SRC Member

even you have good water quality...the ich parasites can still come back....

go read up on the ich live cycle....u should leave your tank fishless for minimum 6 weeks...cos by 6 weeks, the ich parasites have nothing to feed on and will die off...

if at 5 weeks, the ich will still have chance to do some last minute feeding and they are also very hungry...hence they will come back.. like what bro roidan said...8 weeks safest

paiseh...i mean bro weileong...remembered wrongly...never check also :P:P