Help on Red Sea Prizm Skimmer

Hi all

Does any ppl know what happen to my Redsea Prizm skimmer? When i switch to the 2nd hole of the skimmer alot of white foam start to coming out to the collection cup. After about 30 mins the collection cup is already full and start to overflow, the skimmate is saltwater no kopi at all. I did not tune to maximum onli around half. What could be problem?

Pls Advice... :thanks:

• SRC Member

u gota adjust to the correct level.. try adjust and stay a few mins to observe the bubble level.. the bubble level may seems right at the 1st time.. ..after a few mins it will went dwn again coz the water pressure is high when u start to adjust, then u gota adjust bit by bit.. try a 30-45degree..hope it helps.. ;)

u gota adjust to the correct level.. try adjust and stay a few mins to observe the bubble level.. the bubble level may seems right at the 1st time.. ..after a few mins it will went dwn again coz the water pressure is high when u start to adjust, then u gota adjust bit by bit.. try a 30-45degree..hope it helps.. ;)

Try liao....but still overflow

Try liao....but still overflow

Try this and at each step observe the foam level.

Shut the valve completely, then open the valve bit by bit, then monitor. If u see tiny bubbles coming out from the outlet, that's over liao, close it back slightly.

Hope it work for u.

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

Did you add any anti chlorine solution or any medications when you using your skimmer? Cos all these solutions and medications can cause skimmers to overflow. Good example is those live bacteria that comes in liquid form.

No. I did not add any anti chlorine solution or any medications. But i added 1kg of biohomes and some coralchip to my buit-in filter. Is this the cause of the overflow?

• SRC Member

ur bubble level shld be only at the 1st ring, meaning, it cannot bubble up above that 1st ring line.. if above that, might not be a correct level thus may create overflow like me the last time..try what Cheese say, shut 1st, then slowly turn to the right. slow and steady and observe.. btw, urs is a new set?

ur bubble level shld be only at the 1st ring, meaning, it cannot bubble up above that 1st ring line.. if above that, might not be a correct level thus may create overflow like me the last time..try what Cheese say, shut 1st, then slowly turn to the right. slow and steady and observe.. btw, urs is a new set?

No. I had used it for 5months liao. :)

No. I had used it for 5months liao. :)

But u mentioned u just switched to the 2nd hole and the bubbles started. That means if u have all the while attached the tube to the 1st hole, the prizm is not skimming at all. Connecting the tube to the 2nd hole is the correct one for the skimming process, where all the bubbles will start to boil.

Or, have I misunderstood u?

Cheers!

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

But u mentioned u just switched to the 2nd hole and the bubbles started. That means if u have all the while attached the tube to the 1st hole, the prizm is not skimming at all. Connecting the tube to the 2nd hole is the correct one for the skimming process, where all the bubbles will start to boil.

Or, have I misunderstood u?

Cheers!

I put at the 1st hole. After the water start to flow out of skimmer then i switch to the 2nd hole. Now i tune to almost mininium onli a little water flow out... to prevent it from overflow... I wonder is my skimmer still functioning well anot. Izzit my skimmer spoilt liao? Cos all the while i dun have tis kind of problem before. I can even tune to the maxinium flow rate and it does not overflow. Can someone using Redsea Prizm skimmer, Pls Advice :thanks: