How effective is Aquamedic 1000 nitratereducer

joeyttk

hi bro,

I being facing some problems/fluctuation with my NO3-.

Here's the recent actions on my part to battle it.

a. change 10% water every weekend

b. grow "grape" in my refugrium.

c. Use Sechem Nitrate reducer

d. Use AZNO3-

e. Remove all ceramic media and clean up bio balls

I begin to think that I may want to add a Denitrator to battle it. Is anyone using Aquamedic nitrate reductor before ? Is there anything else I can use or do to lower my NO3-.

noteS:

a. my tank is 15mnth old, with 5-6 inch of DSB

b. I only have a tomato clown, 1x anthias, 1 green chromis and 1 sand shifter

c. I feed pellet twice a day [smallest hole on my auto-feeder]

please help! I am not sure if this should be in equipment or General reef sections.

any advise are welcome

thanks!!!

• SRC Member

don't use autofeeder....feed pellet by pellet....autofeeder even the smallest setting will push out a fair bit of food.....use it only till you have more livestock and is really really buzy to feed your fishes.....

anyway, you be suprise how long you fish can live without food!!!! anyway, with all the things you tried, maybe you like to get Zeovit??? the cost might be cheaper then all the methods you have tried above....:P

• SRC Member

I am using Aquamedic 1000 nitratereducer for my 150gal, I only manage to lower my nitrate at around 10ppm and change water every 1mth+, cause I am feeding too much to pump my tangsss..

Tank 4x2x2.5

On my NO3

-------------

My NO3- reading used to be around 50ppm. I was changing water and dosing AZNO3- for nearly 2-3 weeks, and it dropped to 10ppm.

Recently, it raised again to around 50ppm and more [which I think was due to my clam spawning and my increase in photo period]

On Skimmer

---------------

I am using aquamedic autoflooter 1000, which I think is pretty efficient. Any bro has comment on this ? any suggestion on what the next better skimmer might be ?

On Autofeeder

-----------------

I observed that my clown, anthias and 1xchromis [forgetting my 1xcoral beauty] always seems to gobble up the food in less than 1 minutes. I think I will stop the auto feeding when I reach home this wed. Everything goes to stop my NO3- fluatuation!!!

On Nitrate Feeder

--------------------

What's the price range like for the aquamedic 1000 ? I think that's the right size for 150g tank. Which shop has it ?

thanks for all your comments!

• SRC Member

manually feed your fish and go zoevit.....i think starter price is S$80 for the basic set and if you don't keep SPS, should be able to dose faster and don't need to change the media that often...maybe 4months instead of 3 for the SPS keepers.....i think cost wise definately cheaper...i know of reefer who use zeovit to keep anamoe without SPS!!!!