How BIG a skimmer do I really need?

riot

• SRC Member

Gee, cool it down fellas. :)

I think both skimmers are way excellent, but currently with price and maybe ease of tuning, deltecs MIGHT be better value for money (guess work only). But seriously, when you talk about a well tuned setup, still figure those red dragons with the titaniums will leave the deltecs in the dust.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

O did I say I tune it correctly after a few month... maybe for u... :P

Well Maybe my english suck or your eye miss my very word.. "It will not overflow when u r doing water changes. etc etc." it's all depend on your tuning wa... u dont need water changes even can flood wa...

u try go rise your deltec water level lor.. if even u rise it high high it dont even overflow.. then I can say it's very gd then.. got in build auto shut off when overflow occur sia..

Well if you are so into dwell time... then change your feeding pump to 100/h only lor.. then comfirm got so much dwell time for your skimmer to skimmer out the water... and let the rest of your remaining tank water take longer time to reach your skimmer.. then..

Well with so adv equipments and the talk about the skimmer can remove so much waste this and that.. I can still see your tank cover with red capet of cyano...

Steady! :)

You got to balance the turnover rate and dwell time. You cannot have dwell time of 120sec but flowthru only 100L/Hr. Its a balance of both parameters. Go read up somemore. :)

Yah, got cyano on the sandbed of my tank, and I think its due to overdose of zeostart coupled with too low a flowrate thur my zeovit reactor. Cool eh?

With the Bubbleking, I think a stupid user/newbie like me will need at least 3 months to tune it correctly instead of the 3 days I took for the Deltec.

Dunt be too sore that the skimmer you are using cost a bomb but not recirculating. Its ok. :)

i remembered enjoying red carpet club facilities during the 3 or 4th month of my tank....then after a while the priviledges were revoked and no more :cry2:

membership does have priviledges...give you red things in your tank without having to pay much for them :lol: probably one of those few red things that you dun have to open up your wallet for :lol:

• SRC Member
i remembered enjoying red carpet club facilities during the 3 or 4th month of my tank....then after a while the priviledges were revoked and no more :cry2:

membership does have priviledges...give you red things in your tank without having to pay much for them :lol: probably one of those few red things that you dun have to open up your wallet for :lol:

I think they revoked yours and have given the priv to me but I think mine is in the process of being revoked too. I no longer feel so welcomed.. Less and less red carpet for me to walk on nowadays. sob sob...

• SRC Member
You got to balance the turnover rate and dwell time. You cannot have dwell time of 120sec but flowthru only 100L/Hr. Its a balance of both parameters. Go read up somemore. :)

Yah, got cyano on the sandbed of my tank, and I think its due to overdose of zeostart coupled with too low a flowrate thur my zeovit reactor. Cool eh?

With the Bubbleking, I think a stupid user/newbie like me will need at least 3 months to tune it correctly instead of the 3 days I took for the Deltec.

Dunt be too sore that the skimmer you are using cost a bomb but not recirculating. Its ok. :)

Well from my understand.. u r doing some sort of this kind of dwell time.... with 1000l/h of feeding pump... for a 6ft tank... u go cal how long your skimmer going to take to skimmer out your shit in the tank lor...

O ya I forget even you increase your feeding rate also useless cause your return pipe is only 16mm.. or we can say u r running your return which you claim to be 3000l/h (which I see it's even lower then that with all these tee off and head loss)for a 6ft tank..

Ya and nowaday I do see alot of so call "stupid user/newie" into SPS... maybe we can move the sps forum out of the advance reefer thread already... :P

Well I'm not sore about my internal Bk is not a recirculating skimmer.. at least I know my bubble amt is much much higher then your recirculating skimmer..

and not to state my skimmer is 4-5 time over skimmer rated for my tank. :P even it dont have the dwell time compare to your skimmer, my over size and bubble amt is already getting better result then your dwell time.

• SRC Member

Well from my understand.. u r doing some sort of this kind of dwell time.... with 1000l/h of feeding pump... for a 6ft tank... u go cal how long your skimmer going to take to skimmer out your shit in the tank lor...

O ya I forget even you increase your feeding rate also useless cause your return pipe is only 16mm.. or we can say u r running your return which you claim to be 3000l/h (which I see it's even lower then that with all these tee off and head loss)for a 6ft tank..

Ya and nowaday I do see alot of so call "stupid user/newie" into SPS... maybe we can move the sps forum out of the advance reefer thread already... :P

Well I'm not sore about my internal Bk is not a recirculating skimmer.. at least I know my bubble amt is much much higher then your recirculating skimmer..

and not to state my skimmer is 4-5 time over skimmer rated for my tank. :P even it dont have the dwell time compare to your skimmer, my over risk is already getting better result then your dwell time.

Cool! btw, Whats 'over risk'? and 'over skimmer rated'?

Oh ya, btw, the piping is 25mm :)

• SRC Member
Oh Yah, Alan, What happen to this statement u made here:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4196&postcount=27

Now u like the attitude here already? Welcome back Dude!

Well dude.. I think you dont understand english..

I say Singapore forum.. I never say SRC... O maybe I forget you also dont know how to use search engine...

Why not some of us name him a few marine forum in singapore we have... this will help open more door for AlfaRomeo...

• SRC Member

Well dude.. I think you dont understand english..

I say Singapore forum.. I never say SRC... O maybe I forget you also dont know how to use search engine...

Why not some of us name him a few marine forum in singapore we have... this will help open more door for AlfaRomeo...

Thanks! Would love to know more Singapore based forums which the attitude sucks! :)

Its 'more doors' instead of 'more door' :)

• SRC Member

Thanks! Would love to know more Singapore based forums which the attitude sucks! :)

hmmm.. I never know.. you have been thinking SRC attitude sucks....

ok now I know.. maybe you can ask AT to do something lor.. else SRC going to loss a newie like you... will be a waste...

What are the settings u use on the Cam? :) Sorry Riot! *way way off-topic*

Easier trick, stand further away from the tank so easier to focus. Then just snap lor. Like that also stress your AT lesser. No need to get those zoom in shots lar... just show the overall look of your AT share with us can liao.