Red Dragon Pump Installation

sugi

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Just get my RD pump 10000l/hour and I need advise for the best installation.

Currently , my sump has 25 mm hole drilled.

But the RD intake pipe is much bigger than 25mm, I think it is 35 - 40 mm.

I am not sure would it create problems if I use reducer.

Another way is to use siphone method and the pipping would be the same all through out.

my question,

1. Which method has a better efficiency for water output ?

Do i need to try both to find out.

2. Would it create any problem on the intake if I use reducer ?

Can someone advise me ?

:thanks:

post-17-1108457007.jpg

• SRC Member

if you are going to use reducer for the inlet confirm reduce water pressure one..

and you will create more back pressure for the pump also...

from what i see both method will not drive the input to the max... drill a bigger hole on the sump lor.. if not put the pump insump lor

• SRC Member
if you are going to use reducer for the inlet confirm reduce water pressure one..

and you will create more back pressure for the pump also...

from what i see both method will not drive the input to the max... drill a bigger hole on the sump lor.. if not put the pump insump lor

Bro

cannot drilled bigger hole, unless I change the sump. :(

I am more worried if it will damage the pump in the long run.

Thanks

• SRC Member

ya listen to doggie word...

else wait gatta bitten.. :D

after this u can start worrying about your return pipe big enough or glue strongly enough...

your overflow pipe big enough...

cause rd pump water pressure is very strong... got a little mistake in pipe work.. confirm will have leak one...

Your RD inlet is D32 and outlet D40.

If you read the warning properly, RE says if pump damaged due to restriction in the inlet then warranty is void.

http://english.royal-exclusiv.de/installat...dragon-pump.htm

You lost the warrenty immediately if the original connector plug was cropped.

Use of incompatible spare parts for example build in a impeller for a 12000 l/h pump in a 10000 l/h pump. Wear parts like bearing or bearing bush, axis damage, propeller damage coused by peaces sucked in. Engine damage thru flow reduction on suction side. Genneral decalcify damage by improper use of a decalcification medium.

You can use the siphoning method but due to the long piping and few elbows then you need to upsize the piping one size to D40 or even D50.

Like what the rest suggest better run it in-sump.

• SRC Member
Your RD inlet is D32 and outlet D40.

If you read the warning properly, RE says if pump damaged due to restriction in the inlet then warranty is void.

http://english.royal-exclusiv.de/installat...dragon-pump.htm

You can use the siphoning method but due to the long piping and few elbows then you need to upsize the piping one size to D40 or even D50.

Like what the rest suggest better run it in-sump.

even up size the pipe... end of the day u still need to reduce to be able to connect to the inlet pipe ma...

so issue it still must alike.. and redcue performance till to head lost....

dont forget inlet is ###### hor.. the strong force is not at inlet hor..

if u going to make thing diffult even for ###### in water.. then u cant go blame the pump not up to standard....

If the outlet piping is of reasonable size and do not create too much back pressure then it would be quite safe to use it when the inlet has no great flow restriction.

I just wondered how many red dragon spoilt because of piping restriction at inlet.

Remember if you use a ball valve then even if you use D40 ball valve then the internal is already one size smaller, so you need to use the next larger size D50 ball valve in order not to have any restriction. D50 ball valve damn giant :P

• SRC Member
If the outlet piping is of reasonable size and do not create too much back pressure then it would be quite safe to use it when the inlet has no great flow restriction.

I just wondered how many red dragon spoilt because of piping restriction at inlet.

Remember if you use a ball valve then even if you use D40 ball valve then the internal is already one size smaller, so you need to use the next larger size D50 ball valve in order not to have any restriction. D50 ball valve damn giant :P

and not to mention dam ex...

• SRC Member

I agree with all the reefers here. Run it insump since RD is so energy efficient that it should not release much heat.

The question i have is, the output piping for the 10m3 is 25mm. If you use a reducer to reduce to 20mm, will there be much problem?

Can someone explain how this micro bubble come about?

Thanks,

Patrick