Calling all trigger owners~

• SRC Member

i recently got my first trigger, a picasso trigger.

and i notice its "pecking" on the rocks(fine by me)...but very occassionally when it does that, the gills release a "puff" of "powder" making the tank look quite cloudy

can anyone advice on whats happening and/or why they do that?

;)

damn cute and weird fish

ahahaha

:P

I think its juz dust particles? Our LRs have dust particles settling on it...

Careful that the trigger dun go biting ya soft corals....or hard if u have them....

I used to have a dog-faced puffer....(which like triggers r not reef-safe)...that goes round destroying my sponges, soft corals...hard corals...thank god it was not in my main tank. Anyway...I had since set him free.....into the sea....

Notice my seahorses sometimes do the smoke thingy too....though in the case of seahorses its most prob due to the 'juices' excreted from its shrimp meal.

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

From my knowledge about fishes which create coral sand.... yes they actually do... these fish are commonly coral obligates (ie. eat corals exclusively).

Examples are the humphead wrasses/parrotfishes (which when you go diving and can hear them crunch corals audibly)... you will notice that as they swim, finely crushed coral bits are streamed from their gills and from their anuses... ;)

The sandbed you see comes from a fish's ######... heh! Not all of it... I mean you get sand from erosion etc too.

Triggers are not reef-safe... so I hope you have them in a FOWLR tank.

• SRC Member
The sandbed you see comes from a fish's ######... heh! Not all of it... I mean you get sand from erosion etc too.

sigh.. and we are paying like $6 for 10kg for "fish poo"!!! to have 5" DSB... ;)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.