Deltec AP850

riot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Thanks. Noted that but a bit worried if I overtune the skimmer might overflow. Hoping to break it in and then gear it up a notch.

This morning I am getting dry fluffy cotton up to the top of the cover. By tonight, the skimmer should be ready to unleash its full potential. This has got to be the fastest break in I ever had. My previous beckett took 3 days to collect skimmate, the aquaC a couple of weeks! The deltec burn in was less than 24 hours- quite amazing.

• SRC Member
any recommeded pump for the water intake to the skimmer :thanks:

I agree with WL on this. Any suitable pump 1000L should be fine. In my case, I ran my 1260 through 3 feet vertical to my chiiler then back again into my skimmer intake. Might be a bit more than 1000L but I will fine tune it when the skimmer gets broken in.

Spent the whole night watching the foam didnt get enough sleep. Reefing sure is a funny hobby when you actually enjoy watching sh!t collecting.

• SRC Member

Overflow? Such things very very rarely happens to a Deltec. Even changing water or doing anything to the water doesnt end up with an overflow. ;) In my limited experience of course and it doesnt take anyone more than 2-3 days to tune the skimmer to exactly what he wants either! and once its set at that postion/settting, it stays there and you have have to tweak it every now and then...

• SRC Member
Overflow? Such things very very rarely happens to a Deltec. Even changing water or doing anything to the water doesnt end up with an overflow. ;) In my limited experience of course and it doesnt take anyone more than 2-3 days to tune the skimmer to exactly what he wants either! and once its set at that postion/settting, it stays there and you have have to tweak it every now and then...

typo typo... I meant, you DUNT have to tweak it every now and then...

• SRC Member

Yep, the deltec is an easy piece of equipment to maintain. Its defnitely not a chore- easy to pop the pot off and rinse. The fact that the neck coms along is great, so I can flush the buildup at one go. Sure beats thumbscrews. My old beckett was not cleaned for weeks- the work just put me off. Then I have to plunge my hand down to clean the neck- yucks!

But one thing I noted- the dry foam created by the deltec is similar to the beckett candy floss. Its dense and fluffy. But when I was running my beckett, the foam would only heave up and down at the spill over and coat the neck with skimmate. So I would get either dry gunk or wet tea, dependent on my tuning. The deltec and the HS tends to softly lift the foam cushion up in dense packs without much of a heaving motion. I suspect is the slow pressure buildupgenerated by the needlewheel.

Alfa- OK then I will go set my deltec straight. just a bit worried with an unfamiliar skimmer.

Great review bro!

Keep us posted on you new tuning. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Right guys

air valve is now fully open but I am not too sure where the heck the bayonet fitting is?

Is it the ...

a) Blue Line

B) Red Line

I am kinda suspecting the red line. The water level without air is already slightly above that level already.

:blink:

post-14-1109067830.jpg

• SRC Member

Oh crap. No wonder all I get is dry stains. Tried to move it up to the blue line once but moved too high, water came out from air intake nozzle. Looks like I have to pull up the air line and do the adjusting.

Thanks.

Future deltec users take note :)