anyone went to redang b4~?

andysho

• SRC Member

Hehe... holyspirit also going there at that time.. was chatting online... he/she got very good price on the laguna resort. If you see someone with a bodyboard that's me... but not confirm bringing as the waves there not as good as Bali and only big when high tide coming in.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

guess i'll miss all of u then. I'm only heading up during the labour day period with my fiancee to dive. :upsidedown:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Really hope to see nice corals there

sia esp colourful sps ~~

Lots there if you dive that is.... snorkelling will only see table scraps of the beautiful ecology there. Hehe... I only know how to snorkel (me master snorkeller lol)... friends always dump me on the surface and submerged at those beautiful dive sites.

If got time charter a boat to Pulau Perhentian.... there is one of my favourite spots for snorkelling. The reefs there are like rainbow! ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

I am going there for the first time end of this month, MATA Travel Fare on this weekend, I pay RM498 + RM22 Airport Tax for 4D/N inclusive of air fare from KL/Redang/KL by Berjaya Air and staying at Berjaya Redang. Diving costs is separate, ranging from RM50-80 per dive.

Departures on Sunday and weekdays at this price. Cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Yup was there... but I probably wont be going again as the reefs, especially along pasir panjang and marine park, are dying or had died. I can't believe that I have to go out 20 - 30m then the water is clear... 4 years back its clear everywhere. Had personally seen the destruction of the reef gradually as I been there in 2001, 2002, 2004 and now 2005. Damn the More More movie!!!!! :lol:

But otherwise if you are not envoirmentally conscience then its a nice getaway place. :) Next time go Perhentian Island... hehe... nicer reefs but no laguna there for the all-you-can-eat-buffet meals... loved the duck noodles on sat nite... u tried? :)

post-54-1107833267.gif