Mature Lr Turn White

I got some mature LR from a hobbist where it was covered with coraline alage - purprish colour. My tank has been cycling for a month already and I added some LS but after I did water change, I notice some of the LR where the coraline alage turn from purple to white.

I know something is wrong where the decay process start but my tank has been cycling for a month and the nitrogen cycle has been through. I tested the water to verify and NO2 is 0, N03 is 20pppm.

I though that the mature LR would add the process.

What could be wrong. Was it the change of water ?

I could not get much information about procedure to change water but this is what I did. Please advice if the steps are wrong.

1. Prepare a bucket of water and add in anti-chlorine

2. Add salt and stir till disolve

3. Check SG

4. Drain off water from main tank (equivalent to the the bucket of new water)

5. Add in new water into sump

Could it also be that I do not have enough neutrient in my tank. ? Do I need to add in stogniguim (can't spell it but I was informed somewhere) to create more coraline aglae.

hi...

I tot the water you add in must be cycle for a least a day before adding into the main tank... tat i wat i got from the hong leong Marine fish Shop... hope it helps... you might want to wait for other reply... i might not be right... cause i only started abt 1.5 months ago.. :)

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp