Riot Reef

riot

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah dispar,

I am like keeping coralline rather than sps leh. They layer upon layer upon layer on each other, I dont have any non- CR covered live rock anymore. I am not sure if this is a good thing.

Actually they are nice.. but they suck calcium like water :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Yeah, its really really scary! Lucky I did not get a bigger one- would really waste my money. I think when you buy deltec, you really buy performance. But i really wish they had better plastic though. The material they use is like a bit thin, far from the heavy duty acrylic Ian uses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Gee thanks guys I was hoping that you all wont notice the BROWN and comment on the BLUE tips but hey my blame my camera its no good at capturing all the fantastic colours :) (joking).

Yeah, its really really really hairy. And its a survivor (it did last in my tank) so its quite nuke proof. My fav piece actually (thats why its so high up in the real estate).

My other piece i got from PR. Not sure if its a survivor (i hope so) or else its $$$ down the drain again.

post-34-1129990500.jpg

• SRC Member

Yeah some people take their reefs really serious (its ok its their reef afterall) but I like to enjoy my hobby and have fun. Thats would explain despite my EXPENSIVE deltec equipment my riot reef still looks like a copepod's new tank setup :). That and poor skill too.

post-34-1129990775.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey Dorado,

my apologies for missing your question.

I am running a single 400w Hamilton 14kk thru a Coralvue eballast with a spider reflector over this 4 ft tank. The main sps are over the sweet spot while the others (with one foot in the grave) are kept in the fringes.

post-34-1129991151.jpg

That tenuis is really nice

But your photo had too much contrast and try to focus on the front part and and use a larger depth of field :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif