Whitespot

KennethK

• SRC Member

how old is ur tank?

wat are the LS? did u recently add any fish?

feed it with garlic soaked food.

get a fan lower the temperature if u didnt run a chiller or fan.

or get some reef safe medication like "waterlife"

UV helps abit but costly.

good luck

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Does it plays apart? my test kit use finish recently

care to share ur water parameters with us? Also, how long has the tank been set up and what all is in it? More info would help narrow down the potential cause. Sometimes sub standard water quality can bring this about.

:peace:

from what i know ICK this parasite lives in all marine tanks.... it just stays there and wait till 1 of ur fish get stress and immune system down, than it start to attack ;)

sry for poor english ;(

hi bro,

i heard & read that too. unstable water temp will oso coz this to happen! did u use a fan or chiller? :o

• SRC Member
from what i know ICK this parasite lives in all marine tanks.... it just stays there and wait till 1 of ur fish get stress and immune system down, than it start to attack ;)

sry for poor english ;(

I agree that the parasite is always in the tank but not in large numbers.Thats why we need to quarantine new LS.As for his case, the whole tank may be infested liao.

• SRC Member

My tank abt 7mths old. Clam, bubble, mushroom, cleaner shrimps all no problem. I onli recently feed garlic but then too late. One by one the fishes die. Even domino which been in my tank for 5mths oso got the ick and dies. Surprisingly cleaners do very well inside. I use a fan btw.

• SRC Member
My tank abt 7mths old. Clam, bubble, mushroom, cleaner shrimps all no problem. I onli recently feed garlic but then too late. One by one the fishes die. Even domino which been in my tank for 5mths oso got the ick and dies. Surprisingly cleaners do very well inside. I use a fan btw.

ur cleaner is shrimp? u heard shrimp die of ich? :P bro, check ur water parameter.. maybe tt will narrow dwn wats goin on in ur tank? if ur water condition nv improve, the next time u put in ur fish, same problem will arise too.. ;)

Juz my $0.02 :peace:

My fishes keep having whitespot and slowly dying. Wat should i do? should i feed them garlic or get a UV twister light

Bro, I hv almost similar problem with u. Recently I moved from a 3 ft to a bigger and deeper 4ft tank. Although I used back the LR (lots of it) and some of the old sands with good bacteria, the water parameter must hv deteriorated badly as I also got white spot problems in the new tank. After I introduced a powder blue tang, the fish developed whitespots and spread to the others within a few days.

Now, my Asfur, yellow tang and flame angel - which I hv for as long as 1 year - all 'went up lorry' (died) alreadi. :cry: I hv been treating tank with AquaPharm ProSeries CureIch for about a week now. My Racoon, blennies, damsel and clown seem to be fighting the ICK. One of the clown looks bad and I don't think going to make it. I understand I hv to continue treatment for at least three weeks. I also installed a UV. Hopefully, things get better for me....n u too. :)