Skimmers 'A-hoy' !!!

kueytoc

• SRC Member

I understand that AquaC skimmer is much quieter & perform much better compared to beckett skimmer (Macro) or venturi driven skimmer. Anyone care to share their experiences & info. Cheers.

Macro range of skimmers r not beckett. they r either venturi driven or needlewheel.

AquaC is spray injection style.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

:o I understand that AquaC skimmer is much quieter & perform much better compared to beckett skimmer (Macro) or venturi driven skimmer.  Anyone care to share their experiences & info.  Cheers.  ;)

ya beckett is a technology by its self.. totally diff from the technology used by macro... brand that i know carries beckett are aerofoamer and my reef creation(correct me if i wrong)

Eh you are also comparing skimmer from both end of the world.. one is the ang mo US made skimmer(aquaC) and the other is a cheapo taiwan or china made skimmer(macro)

Actually you cannot compare like this.

AquaC is using its own patented spray injection system, beckett is using a fountain nozzle and Macro is using needlewheels. Each have their own pros and cons so it will help if you would specify more detailed on what spec. you looking for :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

;) Thanks guys for the info...Actually, I am looking to upgrade my current Atman II PH-2000 Skimmer (35W, Hmax:2.2m, Qmax:2200L/H) for my current tank (4ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft) together with est 3 ft Sump (W18.9in H21.65in L30.71in).

The livestocks in the tank are 1 Powder Brown, 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Sailfin Tang, 1 Blue Tang, 2 Red Anthias, 1 True Clown, 1 Clark Clown, 3 Purple gobies, 1 Six Line Wrasse, 1 Purple-back Dottyback, 1 Gold-Rim sand Goby, 1 Comet, 1 Banded Sole, 2 Camel Shrimps, 1 Fire shrimp, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Blue Boxer Shrimp, 2 ###### Shrimps.

Some Corals include 2 Bubble, 2 Octos, 1 Frogspawn, 7 Acros, 1 Elegance, 2 Clams, 2 Buttons, 2 Zoos, 2 Candy Cane, Brains, Flower-pot coral, Mushies, etc.

:( I think my current skimmer may not be working 'hard' enough as I don't see too much residues (usually wet) in the collection cup even after 2 days. :pinch::blink:

:D So I am considering to upgrade to either AquaC or MACRO.

Please advise. :thanks:

Actually Wedgee is selling his AquaC EV240, good price for a good skimmer and plus very suitable for your tank!

You may want to check it out with him. ;)

EV240 for Sale

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
  • 1 month later...