SPS tank keeper.. wats yr husbandry skills

• SRC Member

i did a 10% change of water yesterday, and change all my GAC, amazingly, my sand turn white once again and my SPS polys are opening up..

any one got views on that? high nitrate? maybe? then how do i explain the disapperance of the diatoms? my GAC working hard?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diatoms bloom normally caused by Si ma...

I've always thought from wat I read somewhere that diatoms is due to Si and Po4... and that tapwater has got po4... really dunno about Si in tapwater... maybe u could be right... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
i did a 10% change of water yesterday, and change all my GAC, amazingly, my sand turn white once again and my SPS polys are opening up..

any one got views on that? high nitrate? maybe? then how do i explain the disapperance of the diatoms? my GAC working hard?

Water change tends to dilute the nutrients in your water. Your corals will love it. Make it a routine to do water change.

Eric

• SRC Member
will do so if i manage to solve the problem of the diatoms everytime i change water..

would NSW be a better choice for me?

I find NSW more convienent for me cos I too busy to do water test. Do what's best for yourself but be consistent on the water changing routine, in the long run you will appreciate it.

Eric