Forum Objectives - Relevance Postings

Marineman

• SRC Member
Again.. harsh comment and look down is a very detail word to use.... thats why so many flaming goes ard these days.... what did they actually do to make you think they are looking down on you...... whats makes them give harsh comment?? Probably they give you many advices den you refuse to take it and end they abit unhappy thats why start giving bad comments.. Once again i dunno.... so only detail story from parties involve will den link the story together ;)

hi DA,

perhaps you're right on the part about not having listened to them and triggering some -ve response

apologise for that

but i've learnt to be much more receptive to advice ;)

regarding the looking down part, i don't wish to talk about it anymore...wanna leave it all behind...but for the record, those who were there will know what i'm talking about

:off: aniwae, how's the zoos DK gave you? they were pink right?

hi DA,

perhaps you're right on the part about not having listened to them and triggering some -ve response

apologise for that

but i've learnt to be much more receptive to advice ;)

regarding the looking down part, i don't wish to talk about it anymore...wanna leave it all behind...but for the record, those who were there will know what i'm talking about

:off: aniwae, how's the zoos DK gave you? they were pink right?

Hmm ok lets leave these things aside.... eh they are orange.... Hmm anyone cheonging lck area today :lol::lol::lol:

Are you guys then all up for true 'heavy-handedness', where mods will simply cut you off for misbehaviour, considering that all reefers who sign up in SRC forum are SUBJECTED to the terms and conditions of use and the Code of Conduct?

When I had more time, I could enforce the rules.

Lately, or rather, for the longest time, I have rather lax and that may have opened the way for a few reefers to 'misbehave'.

AT, me think all, serious reefers will vouch for this if anyone crosses their boundary and do not adhere to the CoC of SRC.

Cheers

• SRC Member
personally, i too agree that the reefers here want to be heard, which is why they refuse to solve their disputes via the PM system.

What i suggest is a subforum of COMPLAINTS/COMPLIMENTS

any reefer who has concluded a sour deal recently can post what are his/her grouses and let the other party have a chance to explain...while the admin and mods in here will not judge or declare who is right or wrong, at least it serves as a reference for others who deal with such mentioned reefers in future....

in short again....caveat emptor...even after reading such a database of opinions

because it will soon appear that how come 'this reefer' gets into *misunderstanding/miscommunication* issues with others pretty often..... :evil:

similarly, a sweet deal can be praised in accordance as well :)

i second the subforum thingy...

makes things neater ;)

IMO, all buyers shld be matured enuff to do transactions.... they shld noe wat to look out for b4 committing....

SRC is a medium for transaction... not a proxy... if someone decides to cheat, u cant prevent it in anyway.... IP can be changed, nick can be re-registered... the mods will be so busy for nothin... takin everybody who post a sale as a prime suspect....

let's say if u sua sua kanna cheated.... then it's i guess it's veri logical n alright to post to warn other fellow reefers... n so this sub-forum will come in ;)

all i can say is... if u dun feel comfortable bout the transaction, just say 'NO' on the spot! this is not encouraging pple to aeroplane...

aeroplane = day of transaction no appear, no news, no turn up

reject = turn up but hey! dun tink the quality is fair enuff for the price

i notice lotsa young reefers nowadays... if u tink u r not versed enuff to look at the quality of goods... do try to ask another more exp reefer along... dun tink they will mind helping a friend ;)

to safe guard ur buying, u cld well say to the buyer: "wish to view it, if gd then i buy"... n it's best to view at buyer's house, rejection easier :)

if the buyer tink that's wasting time, n die die must confirm the sale b4 meeting u... it is ur OWN duty to decide whether to trust him a not....

• SRC Member
good point hamannbmw

me and a couple of my buddies who reef have had very bad comments coming from other reefers who look down on us because we have had our tanks crashed before...i mean everyone makes mistakes, is it necessary to deal very harsh words just because someone made a grave mistake that you didn't???

those harsh words from those reefers made me feel very bad and to a certain extent has made it hard to post questions about problems i face because i know that they're watching...gathering evidences of more failures to deal harsh words in the future again...this also makes me lose confidence in keeping things i do not know much about because i know that if i make a mistake, i cannot post online to ask without them watching me...

i hope this trend doesn't continue :peace:

but i've learnt to be much more receptive to advice

Congrats, you have make a right decision to move on, shows that you have a clear head.

I suppose like any beginner we are always conscious of what others say esp negative remarks, it hurts and some of us are too sensitive to take shots like that. So we have to be thick skin, if you don't like their comments, in one ear out the other.

I remembered the time when I started my golf in the driving range, not wanting to bring 10 clubs to the range, I took the longest iron (3) and the shortest iron (sand), I was so conscious of other golfers watching me that I dare not look around, I started with the sand as it is easy to use, so when I changed over to the 3 iron, I did not adjust my position (self conscious of people watching, in fact nobody gives a damn!), I whack the ball, missed and broke the shaft, the club head flew to the front and I am still holding the handle.............even more embarassed as everyone actually looked to see the Ironman in action!