Golden Neon Goby & Neon Blue Goby

• SRC Member

My neon goby eats froze brine shrimp. Anyway, it's the food that I only feed them everyday.. :)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
Learn from my mistake...

Today I went down to Iwarna to get two neon gobies.... but... but.... 

They are the ultimate solution to cleaner wrasse... so I heard... because they are hardier...

They are best kept with big fishes - angels and tangs.... so I heard... because they clean them including ich....

but little did I know, once I put them in... I did a BIG BIG MISTAKE of not feeding the fishes in my tank FULL first....

The moment I put the two small neon gobies into the tank, in less than 10 sec, they became food for my fishes...

Asfur Angel went to whack them, swallow and spit them out.... once they were faint-liked, they were finished off by my Klunzinger Wrasse in one gulp...

So there goes my $40 (for the two neon goby) and $20 for cab fare to Iwarna....

Like this gone liao....

So please learn from my mistake....

Was told by LFS and found it is useful..... Whenever you want to introduce new fish in your tank with existing fishs, always put them in BEHIND the tank with lots of live rock. Reason : fish are always hungry and so anything that drop in will be treated as food. To minimise the chances of this, is to let go at the back of the tank where plenty liverock is.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

i noticed my neon pecking on sand and liverocks on the 2nd day i had it

perhaps feasting on pods?

cos i haf quite a few pods in my tank.

i've not seen it feeding on the fish food i put in.

its still doing fine since i got it last wednesday...

• SRC Member

i noticed sth interesting about the neon goby.

in the dark, its attracted to light.

once, i couldn't find it, and i decided to check on my tank at night.

after shining the torch in the sump, it was very cute and swam out!

even wen i placed a net in to try to catch it, it would try to escape in the direction of the light... :)

a few days later, i couldn't find this small fish in my huge tank, so i decided to try the torch light method after lights off and sure enough, after holding the torch for a min or so, it appeared!...right in front of the torch,

anyone else has this experience?

anyone knows of any scienctific papers that can back this experience up?

• SRC Member
i noticed sth interesting about the neon goby.

in the dark, its attracted to light.

once, i couldn't find it, and i decided to check on my tank at night.

after shining the torch in the sump, it was very cute and swam out!

even wen i placed a net in to try to catch it, it would try to escape in the direction of the light... :)

a few days later, i couldn't find this small fish in my huge tank, so i decided to try the torch light method after lights off and sure enough, after holding the torch for a min or so, it appeared!...right in front of the torch,

anyone else has this experience?

anyone knows of any scienctific papers that can back this experience up?

Ah interesting, I will try.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Ah yea, my neon goby sleeps like a PIG man. Refused to comeout. Just pop up a bit and look @ me like " what the hell going on, don't u know it's rest time". Haa Haa. Distrubed 3 time this morning , wasnt successful like you.

However, my Long Nose Hawk seem to be attracted to light like your neon.

Anyway, will try to distrub neon again tonight.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
Ah yea, my neon goby sleeps like a PIG man. Refused to comeout. Just pop up a bit and look @ me like " what the hell going on, don't u know it's rest time". Haa Haa. Distrubed 3 time this morning , wasnt successful like you.

However, my Long Nose Hawk seem to be attracted to light like your neon.

Anyway, will try to distrub neon again tonight.

great to see you try it out bro

thanks for the effort

perhaps different fish have slightly different character

cheers