Swissguard Basslet

• SRC Member
I keep pairs of L.rubre. L.swalesi and L.carmabi and all are perfect citizens

Hi Peter, do you reside in Singapore?

The fishes you have (L. rubre, swalesi & carmabi) are beautiful reef fishes suitable for a nano reef.

There is a pair of, I believe, Liopropoma (not sure which spp.) fishes at a display tank in Coral Farm.

Where did you purchase these fishes as I'm interested in these fishes?

How much did you pay for them?

Among the 3 spp you mentioned, am I right to say that L. swalesi is the prettiest?

Do you keep Royal Gramma? Wonder if the Gramma would "dislike" them since both are "cave dwelling" in nature?

Rgds.

Actually I am quite fare away from Singapore as I am in Belgium / Europe ;)

I have no idea if we can compare prices and dont have the conversion rate but I can give you roughly the US$ rates:

L.rubre - 100.-

L.swalesi - 50.-

L.carmabi - 200.-

People consider R. carmabi being the most buitifull one - and I absolutly agree:

liopropoma_carmabi.jpg

liopropoma_carmabi_pair.jpg

liopoproma_rubre_pair.jpg

liopoproma_rubre.jpg

liopropoma_swalesi_female.jpg

I keep Gramma loretto and even the absolute rare Gramma linki, but not in the same tank and not together with Liopropoma. You are absolutly right with your asupmtion the they could conflict / compete about food and space.

gramma_linki.jpg

I am currently out of the country on a business tripp and might answer late - PM to alert me was a very good idea! :)

• SRC Member

:off: Peter,

Any idea where in Brussels I can visit good marine shops as I have a long stayover here of 3 nights. I am staying right in the city at Hotel Le Plaza Bld. Adolphe Max 118-126, 1000 Brussels.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Sorry - was not online a while!

When are you here? If I am arround I could show you something. But I ma on vacation May 1st - 25th

Contact me by email: info@reefsafe.de

Cheers

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the hospitality. Already left Brussels last week. Will be there again from 4th to 6th Jun. Hope there will be no change in schedule. Will e-mail you as the date gets closer. Cheers

weisoon